Sad day for me

Gadget

It will be the last drive on Sunday 25th when I deliver my Westfield that I've had for 14 years to its new owner.

Sad for me, but hopefully joy for the new owner who if he has half the fun that I had over the years, it will bring a broad smile.

I still intend to stay with one of the best clubs even without a Westfield in the garage.

• Sad 4

A momentous day indeed.

Wow 14 years is a long ownership, is it a choice of yours to get rid or a 'needs must' sale? 

Never owned any car that long,never mind a toy like these kit cars that you really get attached too :down:

Sorry to see that Ian.  Can't have been easy.  Hopefully we'll still see you around - marshalling and the like.

Never say never. I sold one kitcar and within months had my westie. I had considered sensible road car alternatives but couldn't go thru with it.

Haste ye back.

• Like 2

Because of my marshalling duties, I was not using my car to the full. Plus the fact that my wife, Rosie was reluctant to be with me in the car (not sure if it was my driving or the fact it wasn't the easiest vehicle to get in and out of!), we also have a VX220 which I've supercharged and thats also not easy to get in and out of.

Yes 14 years may be a long time, and I am sure that many of heard the same thing from bystanders "How long did you take to build your Westfield?"  Answer: "I'm still building it!"

Much enjoyment was found by changing something or other, taking a long look at other Westfields and thinking "That's a good idea!"

Yes I intend to still be around, come and say hello when I marshall at Blyton Trackdays and sprints.

• Like 5