Lower floor panels!

Robert Bannister (ROBBIE180)

Hello everyone,  where's the best place to get lower floor panels??

for a wide body 2003 SEI 

cheers Rob.

Are you looking for someone to fit them or just the panels to buy?

To my knowlege there's nobody selling lowered floor pans off the shelf as they're normally welded to the chassis when they leave the factory.  Earlier cars used aluminium lowered floors with steel reinforcement straps welded to the chassis. 

They're very easy for any fabricator to make as they're just a simple bent up pan,  local to you Martin at MJS fabrication in Maldon should be able to make something or alternatively Andy Bates at AB Performance.

Hi Mark 

really just wanted the panels to buy.... I'll have to speak to the guys you mentioned in Maldon. 

Do you know if there is any diagrams available that these panels could be made from?

thanks 

4 hours ago, ROBBIE180 said:

Hi Mark 

really just wanted the panels to buy.... I'll have to speak to the guys you mentioned in Maldon. 

Do you know if there is any diagrams available that these panels could be made from?

thanks 

Easiest thing is to measure your chassis as there's been a few changes to the tunnel widths over the years so what works for one chassis may not necessarily fit all.

they're nothing more than a shallow tray about 2" deep with a 45 degree slope to the front.  If you want to have a look you're welcome to come to colchester to view mine one evening.

also think carefully about how you plan to fix it in place.

Edd China shows how he replaced the standard floors with lowered ones in the Wheeler Dealers Caterham episode. S12 E12

Perhaps worth a watch?

I did watch that episode the other night... and they have the panels for sale on the Caterham site.

bet there's no chance of them fitting a Westfield!

1 hour ago, ROBBIE180 said:

I did watch that episode the other night... and they have the panels for sale on the Caterham site.

bet there's no chance of them fitting a Westfield!

extremely doubtful but at least you've seen that fitting is fairly straight-forward. 

As said, just get underneath and measure your chassis up.  Cut some out of cardboard for a better bet then add a 40mm flap to each side, which will be bent up to meet the chassis.

Pop along to your local fabrication place and get them made up.

Job done.

I dare say the Westfield factory could easily make you a pair from your initial templates

I've got 1 (one) used as a oil catch tray at the moment if you're interested can measure it for you.

Westfield won't sell them :popcorn:

If this takes off I'd be interested in lowering my floor pan too. Could do DIY at a pinch (with a little help)...

Westfield won't sell anything that requires welding to the chassis. The new type lowered floor pans are steel and entirely welded on. The old type were aluminium, BUT, had a pair of fabricated steel straps, that supported them from below, and provided the seat mounts, and these straps were welded on.

The long and short of it, is if you want some, make them, or have them made.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna have to get measuring me thinks...:yes:

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive this old thread but did you ever get them made?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.