Track Day Refunds

Nic Surry

Under what circumstances would a track day organiser offer a refund ie if like recently snow stopped the event,is there any refund if you can’t attend ? .Is the full payment normally paid when booking ?New to this so just trying to gather some guide lines.

As above Javelins policy is well explained, not all the others are.     I have only had one day cancelled due to Fog (not Javelin organised) and a trackday credit was issued to me.  The subsequent trackday I used my Credit for was more expensive than the trackday which was cancelled so I was a bit of a winner there. On another trackday I attended at Bedford, there were rumours that the TDO had gone bust and didn't pay the Circuit costs, nevertheless most of us turned up at Bedford and the trackday went ahead courtesy of another TDO who stepped in and paid the circuit costs, he was well received at the briefing and is now a well known and respected TDO.

You'll generally find, you will receive Credit or a refund for trackdays that don't go ahead due to weather or the Circuit/TDO cancelling the event for what ever reason that's not your fault.   You should attend the event even if you think it won't go ahead for any reason, unless the TDO phones/emails or Texts you. 

If you can't attend for your own reason, then there is no refund or credit.  Your only course of action is to sell your booking to another driver via this forum or any other car forum you use and inform the TDO of a change of name on your original booking. 

I had to cry off from an MSE day and Natasha said that if there was a waiting list for cancellations she'd credit me for another day. There was a list and she did credit me so all was well. I've never had a day cancelled by the TDO however.

I was supposed to be doing a track day at Rockingham on Sunday just gone - woke up to this:

Snow.jpg.3e7d12e5343a2142df29088820287389.jpg

Track day was cancelled by the organiser, but they emailed yesterday to offer 5 alternative upcoming dates for re-booking.  Brilliant service.

On another occasion, I had an issue with the car a week before a track day, so talked to the organiser (Javelin I think) and they gave me a voucher for the equivalent cost to re-book another day with them.  Generous, considering they didn't have to as it was my issue.