High line or Low Line Bonnet

Oliver1

Hi, Can anyone tell me if this bonnet is high or low line. It measures 6.5 inches from chassis to underside of bonnet at edge and 8 inches in the middle.

I want to swap it for one without the ‘bulge’ but not sure which it is.

Many thanks

0B6E78E8-84D3-46CD-8A0F-D09E7C3FA5B2.jpeg

From memory a low-line is 6.5 inches from the chassis to the bonnet at the nosecone end. I will have a measure tonight.

Thanks Greggs. I couldn’t work out if the measurement was at the edge or the middle (highest point) at the front of the bonnet.

Its hard to tell 100% from the picture but it looks to me like a highline.

the easy way to tell is to look at the car side on. A highline bonnet and nose will have clean transition along the top from one to the other, but with the lowline there is a downward dip at the front of the bonnet and to the back edge of the nose (almost as though someone has sat on it).

see pics in this thread.

Mine has a highline bonnet which measures 195mm from the top of chassis to the bonnet at the nose cone, just be mindful if you measure the bonnet off the car that there is a fair bit of flex on the bonnet, so it may not give a true measurement.

hope it helps.

IMG_1577.JPG

Yes I'm sure your car is a highline too . With a new bonnet there may be some colour match issue much the same as what you have now , but of course your bonnet has been painted anyway .

How long have you had it , it came from up my way . I did some work on it for one of the previous owners .

Agreed, it looks highline, and a Redtop is quite a tall engine, I can’t imagine even with dry slumping etc it’d ever fit under a low line bonnet.

2 hours ago, JulianE said:

Yes I'm sure your car is a highline too . With a new bonnet there may be some colour match issue much the same as what you have now , but of course your bonnet has been painted anyway .

How long have you had it , it came from up my way . I did some work on it for one of the previous owners .

Thanks Julian. I have only had it for a couple of weeks. I bought from a club member. Will drop you a PM re anything you can tell me that has been done.

• Like 1

It is a standard bonnet not a lowline ive just measured my bonnet. The nose on mine has std etched into the mould as well. Good news is Westfield still have the mould for the standard bonnets but not for a lowline however there is a mould for the lowline bonnet and nose in your neck of the woods.

Forget what I said I have just measured my low line it measures 6 1/2 inches and my standard bonnet 7 1/2 inches. If you want a contact number for a new lowline bonnet and nose let me know. Keep it low line they are the best looking in my opinion.