Gluten Free Dinner Blyton 13th July 2018

graham frankland

Hi All

I have booked the Black Horse at Blyton for our ususal "Friday Night Bash" to kick off our Sprint weekend!

I am having a little trouble getting mini buses for a reasonable price this year!

We have previously transported up to 32 party goers for £3 per head.

This year the best price I have been able to get is £5-00 per head for up to 24 party goers!

So this situation poses at least 3 questions:

How many party goers plan to attend this year "GF" Dinner?

Is £5 per head still an acceptable amount for people to pay for the return mini bus journey and not have to drive?

If we have have more than 24 people who would like the mini bus is there any non drinkers who will be attending who could provide a lift for 3 or 4 people in there car from and to Blyton Park for the dinner?

Hope it is not too complicated this year but please give me your thoughts and ideas on each question on this thread as soon as possible!

Many thanks

Graham (Glutey)

Hi Graham,

Good man as always for arranging the GF dinner. So answers to the at least 3 questions from my perspective....

How many party goers plan to attend this year "GF" Dinner? I don't know but you can count me in.

Is £5 per head still an acceptable amount for people to pay for the return mini bus journey and not have to drive? Bit steep but I am happy to pay £5.

If we have have more than 24 people who would like the mini bus is there any non drinkers who will be attending who could provide a lift for 3 or 4 people in there car from and to Blyton Park for the dinner? I have a drink dependency on Fridays so would not be driving my car to/from pub.

I assume their :rolleyes: are more questions to follow :getmecoat:

Hi Graham

Thanks for booking the pub.

Count me in, I am happy to pay £5 and don't intend to drive after working a thirst up on track all day.

Thanks

Gary

I'll be along.  No need for a minibus for me (assuming normal accommodation is available).

Keith

We're OK with the £5, and driving depending on the Smeg groupy attendance :p

And anyway, there should be the WSCC pop up real ale bar afterwards :d for drivers to catch up with t'others.

I'm in Glutey, £5 is fine with me if the taxi co are being difficult.

Can't wait!

• Like 1

Sorry  a change of plan.  My son has a  university open day on Saturday.   I need to take him to Birmingham 

Sorry  for the change..

-

Yep, please count me in (a fiver is good).  I don't usually stay over after the Friday trackday and miss the Saturday/Sunday

I plan to stay over this year.. so a 'few sherries'  Friday evening would be a good addition :yes:

I've booked place for the meal on the website.

• Like 1

@graham frankland I am happy to be a designated driver to the pub and back, but would need to drive someone else's car! Will be in the van and that will be set up as a home away from home, but if chauffeuring services are required, I can help :yes:

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman pinned this topic

cant make it  this year as it  clashes with lydden hill 

• Andy Banks unpinned this topic