New member looking for his first Westfield

Alfascozzesi

Hi all,

Been lurking for the past month or so while I decided for certain that a Westfield would enter my life.

Wanting a road car for high days and weekends away hunting out the best roads of which there are many up here where I stay.

Always had standard road cars in the past so don't have any experience of Westfields and will hopefully be able to count on your assistance when sourcing my car or even better if I managed to get a forum car as with my previous marks forum cars are always well looked after.

The first step in my hunt for a car is going to Stoneleigh this year which will be another first for me and I hope to meet a few of you there.

I don't yet have an exact spec of Westfield I should be looking for but think I should be looking for something with a zetec or duratec engine but haven't settled finally on anything yet really.

Anyway thanks for reading and hopefully it won't be long before I get my car and I can post some pics. Everyone loves pics!!!

• Like 3

:ww:

:ww: from Scarborough.

Will be up by Fort William at the end of May.

Would be good to have a drive out if you have a car by then.

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Best of luck with your search.

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't know if I will have a car by May. 

Depends how tempted I get at Stoneleigh!!!

Good to hear there are a few members from Scotland on here as well for some run outs. I had a Z4m before and enjoyed the club meets all over the country.

• 2 months later...

Well just back from Preston to dreich Fort William and I am the proud owner of a Westie.

She is bl**** loud and we went theough a baptisim of thunder and rain getting back with roof going on and off three times before I gave up.

Went home via a mates house in Edinburgh so think I am a quarter through my miles allowance on my insurance policy already but that can be changed.

Anyhow. Glass of wine and hope the weather is better tomorrow.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alfascozzesi said:

Well just back from Preston to dreich Fort William and I am the proud owner of a Westie.

She is bl**** loud and we went theough a baptisim of thunder and rain getting back with roof going on and off three times before I gave up.

Went home via a mates house in Edinburgh so think I am a quarter through my miles allowance on my insurance policy already but that can be changed.

Anyhow. Glass of wine and hope the weather is better tomorrow.

Photos are obliigatory, without them, it's fake news :laugh:

• Like 1

Sounds like a proper start to Westy ownership. You can’t beat the old baptism by fire :d

Excellent news! So glad we have another Westfield in the north. Our numbers are growing. Your car looks great.

Looking forward to meeting you soon on a run.

• Like 1

Hi nice looking car and glad your sorted, currently up on orkney but heading south start of the week to strathpeffer on Monday night then down to Killin Tuesday before heading home to Dufftown on Thursday 

ill drop you a message as well if you would like a list of the runs already organised and for any impromptu runs

• Like 1