New member saying hi

Zetecinside

Hi all, 

Hopfully this is the way to do things.

Im a new member to the Forum and i have a very early westie chassis. Its bare and never been registered. 

Im looking to make it into a track day toy. Nothing over the top. Idealy looking at a home brewed turbo zetec for power, four speed box and live axle (came as a package)

So when the weather gets warmer i hope to get started.

• Like 3

Welcome, sounds an interesting project!

:ww: from sunny Somerset. Sounds an intriguing project, please consider posting a build thread on the forum. It's a good way to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience available from members.

:ww: and can we get some pictures, we all love pictures here.  2nd the build thread it's saved my bacon many times

I will indeed post up when the project starts. As its such and old car and i can really be bothered with it being on the road, it will be a pure track day car. However not spending buckets loads will be the idea. Trailer to tracks and have fun.

I have a silvertop zetec and a s2 manifold that will be configured to suit. Turbo is smallish for fast spool up from a scooby ( mitsy series). Boost will be kept to around 11psi or 1.8 ratio. 440cc injectors. No decompression plates.

Thats the easy bits, i dont have anything beyond the turbo yet but looking for a decent intercooler then onto the induction side, no parts for that either.

Just looking for a torquey motor that responds from of idle and not a massively boosted future hand grenade.

Im about as far south as you can get, unless i jump over to France, i mean the Isle of Wight. 

Snowy Pompey for me

Thanks all for the welcomes. 

Nice. A local too. To be more acurate its Gosport but not many know where that is. Moved here last year after serving the Queen for 25yrs. 

Hello and welcome from the smelly city next door :sun::ww:Southampton

So do we have a South Hants meet at all? I didnt see anything recent when searching. If not, any one fancy meeting up somewhere for a chat and quick drink? (Non alcoholic off course, Ant)

There used to be a Hants and Wilts group but I never got around to going, partly as I'm at the eastern side of Hampshire and the meets tended to be over at the Hants/Wilts border.

There is a specific Hants/Wilts forum

http://wiltsandhants.proboards.com/

but it is not used much at all partly due to the AO stepping down.

Apparently there is a Facebook group but I'm not on Facebook.