Slip & Grip

XTR2Turbo

Saw this on facebook.

Might be of interest to those looking to tes the water with sprints / hill climbs but not yet ready to commit to MSA licence etc and the full speed series this year.  Could be a good intro to timed competition.

https://www.slipandgripautomotive.co.uk/event/sprint-series/31-03-2018/72

David

43 minutes ago, Paul Morcom said:

Mixed feelings about it on Uphillracers.....clicky

But I guess that is not who they are targeting ...

37 minutes ago, XTR2Turbo said:

But I guess that is not who they are targeting ...

David,

Very true and looks like a bit of competition for Javelin.

Paul

I looked at the video and thought it was a venue that some of our guys tried a long time ago but reported back that it was more suited to Rally / Closed cars than Westfield type cars, certainly looked similar, but good luck to them. 

Think I'm getting very risk adverse, or maybe it's just I've seen too many accidents / results of accidents. But hate to see open top cars without braced roll bars competing. 

Simon Rogers from the Lotus seven club has run there and posted a few videos up on FB and YT.

I've spectated there, It doesn't look too bad as long as you stay on track! The ground is pretty rough and uneven if you did have an 'off'. Plenty to hit as well , but that applies to most Hillclimbs.

Anything that offers an alternative to MSA is good in my books.