Southwest Trip to Stoneleigh

John (Kernow)

Are there any plans from members in the Southwest to go to Stoneleigh this year? This will be my first year and as my car is now complete it would be great to go. So @Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO @jonjh1964 @AdgeC Are you planning to attend if so what day or days it would be good to have a Westy convoy and I don’t know where it is!

John

John,

If I’m going it will be Sunday to arrive around lunchtime and then depart midday on the Monday. We normally meet at the A303 Podimore services at ~8am then joint the main Dorset group at the A350 Warminster Services ~9am before heading to Stoneleigh on A roads - we’ve also joined up with the Hampshire & Wiltshire group somewhere beyond the M4 before. Details will firm up near the date, probably after the monthly meeting at the start of April.

Jon

Hi John i am hoping to go but I'm I'm busy around that time , I'm currently trying to juggle things around and clear the weekend I should have a better idea by the weekend I'll let you know as soon as I know

Cheers Martin

3 minutes ago, jonjh1964 said:

John,

If I’m going it will be Sunday to arrive around lunchtime and then depart midday on the Monday. We normally meet somewhere on the A303 Podimore services at ~8am then joint the main Dorset group at the A350 Warminster Services ~9am before heading to Stoneleigh on A roads - we’ve also joined up with the Hampshire & Wiltshire group somewhere beyond the M4 before so details will firm up near the date, probably after the monthly meeting at the start of April.

Jon

Jon that sounds like a good trip up . what do you think @Kernow ? It might be easier for me to do just 5he Sunday and Monday

There’s camping on site, if you’re an official WSCC helper they have a special area, the Dorset group tend to collocate on site near one of the show/toilet blocks to share cooking duties.

In my experience it’s best not to get too big a group as it gets difficult to keep together and can also attract the wrong attention.

John,

Currently aiming to go, be first time in my car. Will await info from the Dorset group at, or after the Aapril meet.

@Ross (Rosshbar) (I think I have the right Ross) are you guys planning on going to Stoneleigh this year??

We normally meet just north of Swindon and go up the Fosse way and meet up with people on route an at a couple of places.  If you want and can, you could come via this way below

image.png.ba3701000419f97c7ebf8e7f3cb479a2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ross, hope you are good mate?

im not going either as a few too many plans this year already, including a Gurston Down hill climb school and the Shelsey Walsh Anniversary doo booked already.

anyone looking to go to Stoneliegh for the first time though, in convoy, then do it. It's a real hoot and a great day or days out.

Mart.