GBS Cars and Coffee, Sat 24th March

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

On 3/20/2018 at 20:10, AndrewBClarke said:

The Keely Donovan weather forecast is 11 deg and Sunny Spells:). Bring on summer! See you at McD

Sexy Keely blooming Donovan, only came to Chesterfield today in the Sport Relief sofa push, Glen was muttering something about being on the sofa with Keely but I couldn't quite hear what he said. Anyway, she was with Paul Hudson, the other meteorologist, and huff, he is hardly a hunk is he?

We are off up to the Yorkshire Dales, to the world of waterfalls, namely Ingleton.

Keely and Paul, Look North's weather forecasters in Chesterfield this morning

DSC03437.JPG

• Like 1

Hope to be there, but will be in the VX as I've sold my Westfield.

Not been able to get to this 'do' before as Blyton marshalling has priority.

• Like 1

Paul 'Hammy' Hammond is coming too, not sure if he will be in his VX, I hope so.

Ian has also put on FB that he is coming. Weather forecast not so good as it was. Keely wrong again! Still nothing better than being with good friends so doesn’t really matter about the weather. C u in the morning!

• Like 1

Yes Andrew, we will be doing lunch, maybe the antique place again? See you all in the morning, mildly moist I think but looking forward to cake!!!!

• Like 2

Bagpuss is loaded up and a mini cake muncher is coming too

Looking unlikely I can make this one as we've been up all night with poorly children :(

If I can get out this morning I'll meet you there instead of at McDonalds.

Firstly, to the people that couldn't make today, I hope everything works out ok. 

We met at McD's, that is Ian in his Honda and Ian in his Honda - it was going to be one of those days, Martyn and Sue, Andrew and Clare, Matt and us. Paul came in his GT86 and the very cute mini cake muncher came too, namely Charlotte.DSC03439.JPG

The 'power shot' 2 Honda's and a V8

DSC03440.JPG

But the Fords look the best, well I might be biased here!

DSC03447.JPG

After a quick brew we went the whole 2 miles to GBS and parked up

DSC03454.JPG

DSC03455.JPG

The Honda boys, the two Ian's, well they have a lot to smile about don't they?

DSC03456.JPG 

Martyn, well trained, cleaning his windows. Note Ian's VX in the background. Martyn, I am still laughing, visualising your french student who is living in the North East of England, Bonjour Pet!

DSC03457.JPG

Let the cake munching begin. I had the Victoria Sponge, the fruity cake at the back and one of the eggy chocolatey buns, all homemade by the lovely GBS ladies.

DSC03462.JPG

More and more cars turned up, and people too, BugMan Steve, Barry and Andrew, Ian and Rosie and Johnno. It got really busy and it was great, I was glad we went but we had to leave early as we had a holiday to go on. But we will be home next Saturday and hope to be out on Easter Sunday or Bank Holiday Monday, depending on the weather, it is a bit scary that the Malton Big Breakfast is cancelled, just how much snow is on our way?

Note the drone in this photo

DSC03466.JPG

DSC03465.JPG

Thank you to everyone for coming along today.

• Like 7

Looks like a fantastic turnout, all round. :yes:

11 hours ago, BugMan said:

Was a great day out, through;y enjoyed myself

Hi bugman, did we talk? If not apologies. It would have been good to have done!