those were the days racing history

pistonbroke

There's a cable car up Montjuic now.  Cracking views over the city from up there - I spent half a day walking it when I got bored at a conference a few years ago

As you say there are some pretty impressive views of the city from up there .

The tour bus goes along part of the old track past the olympic stadium on the main " straight " also  the highest point of the circuit , over the brow the cars would "take off " before diving into the lh hairpin to start the decent back down the hill 

Strange but there was no mention of it in the tour guide or anywhere around the track that i could see , perhaps they want just to forget the tragic end to the racing .

IMG_4208.JPG

Looking down on the "Majic Fountain "

IMG_4185.JPG

Uphill on theold track towards the olympic stadium where the pits were situated 

IMG_4169.JPG

IMG_4196.JPG

Looking back towards the stadium , here the cars took off , this is were the car of Rolf Stommelen tragically crashed and went into the crowd 

IMG_4217.JPG

downhill into a lh hairpin 

IMG_4218.JPG