New Member - Cheshire - A1243R

A1243R

Is it staying in the area? I've never had a chance to see it after Julian's fantastic rebuild. Would love to see it in the flesh again.

Eventually if all works well... is going to stay here in lovely crewe.

Will let you know dave!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, maurici said:

Im confident that the car is coming to crewe on saturday... what a waste of travel from cheshiere if not... :p

In all honestly I’m local to Crewe so if I could come and see it if you do buy it that’d be much appreciated. I can then see what I can get for that sort of money! 

• Thanks 1

Will ask to the prospective owner... whitch im sure will become a member...

Lets see how things go on saturday.

That’s a great idea, when it comes to looking at these sort of cars second hand, you just can’t beat looking at lots of them, even those not for sale, to really get your eye in, and get a feel for what you would like, and what you’re not so bothered about.

• Like 2

Just now, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

That’s a great idea, when it comes to looking at these sort of cars second hand, you just can’t beat looking at lots of them, even those not for sale, to really get your eye in, and get a feel for what you would like, and what you’re not so bothered about.

Will you be in yours Thursday Dave or do you know if anyone will be attending in any? 

Unless the weather is dreadful, yes I will be. Not sure who else will though. 

IF im not the only fool coming on it... I may take the risk. Mines have not seen the daylight since anglesey in october, i should warm it a bit, and actually meet someone...

Will confirm thursday itself. 

• Like 1

Excellent.

36 minutes ago, A1243R said:

Will you be in yours Thursday Dave or do you know if anyone will be attending in any? 

Daves has some long front arches fitted instead of cycle wings,try not to become transfixed with them,and don't judge Dave on having them fitted,he's not THAT strange really.............???:ph34r:

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, A1243R said:

I can then see what I can get for that sort of money! 

You’ll be lucky to see another car with such a good spec for that money I’m afraid. £4K Quaife gearbox, £1k ECU, Tillet seats, etc. Won’t come up that often!

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

You’ll be lucky to see another car with such a good spec for that money I’m afraid. £4K Quaife gearbox, £1k ECU, Tillet seats, etc. Won’t come up that often!

Sounds like it’s already gone unfortunately, what would you expect that to be? Around £12k in the height of summer? 

Bit of an update. I am still hoping to get to the meet tomorrow but it looks as though a friend and I are going to go 50/50 on a car... we only want this as a weekend/evening toy so if we can both put in £6/7k each we can get a better and cleaner car... 

This is really taking our fancy at the moment... 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MNR-Vortx-RT-plus-R1-bike-engine-Kit-car-Track-Trackday-Race-Fast-road/132527742003?hash=item1edb44dc33:g:IKQAAOSwnDBancuq

• Like 1

Does look a nice car that,and well specced :)

The MNR chassis is a work of art,all tubular and looks very strong.

@sdh2903 had a MNR,and in his opinion the fibreglass panels finish etc is better from MNR than Westfield 

• Like 1

Yep it was a better quality Grp in my opinion. The chassis was very well designed with some nice race proven suspension including inboard rear shocks (don't know if this has filtered down to the road cars yet). Unfortunately I had some issues that were kind of out of MNR's control which meant I never finished the build. However I've actually been looking at them again but the only thing putting me off is I'm a bit softer these days and liked the Westfield screen and sidescreens. 

• Like 1