Brake disk paint (Rear)

BugMan

Seen a few people with nicely painted disk's and while my front are ventilated and already painted the rear are raw steel. 

While I know the pads will remove any paint, I'd kind of like to paint the remainder to prevent the rust monster getting a bit on it, any suggestions, or this actually a bad idea?

• Like 1

Just painted the bells with POR15, discs themselves must have had some protective coating on them, as didn't rust until I cleaned them with white spirit before using them in anger.

I painted mine with some generic metal paint, not used it yet though so don’t know how long it will last! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

:p

Just for you I actually did paint them

F7A21EF2-9299-491C-97AC-D048763E62AD.jpeg

Nice one!:sun:

Surely you agree they look better? :)

if you get your discs from mtec they come with a pretty resistant coating on that wears off with first use. lasted a good long time on my bmw