Caterham Seven review 2018 | What Car?

DonPeffers

https://www.whatcar.com/caterham/seven/sports/review/

pages 3 & 4 (interior + space) make for interesting comparisons to a westie.

The Whatcar review in terms of space is referring to the original narrow S3 model.

The widebody Caterham SV model is 45mm wider than a westie widebody car.

Something to read on a snowy day; weather forecast for my area is snow off and on until 11 March. Damn that groundhog!

I like the look of the switchgear and also the air intake on the nose cone.

Dislike the look of the rear mounted "double" exhaust but I understand its the only way of keeping within track noise limits

There was a time when Whatcar was staffed by car enthusiasts, but now it's clearly not. Instead a bunch of Eurobox owners, obsessed with cars that are effectively a living room on wheels.

2 minutes ago, Lyonspride said:

There was a time when Whatcar was staffed by car enthusiasts, but now it's clearly not. Instead a bunch of Eurobox owners, obsessed with cars that are effectively a living room on wheels.

I don’t know What armwell enough these days to know that; but I’d fully agree that it’s pointless reviewing a Seven by the same criterion you’d approach a family run around or executive saloon etc.

The Seven is what it is and doesn’t pretend to be any different. You’re either 8n the market for that kind of car or you’re not. If you are, then it needs to be reviewed in comparison to its peers.

Motoring journos should know by now that sevenesque cars require a headline such as  "Considering an entertaining, fair weather 2nd car?"

Utterly pointless to mention you could have a Ford Fiesta ST.

Yes , a bit like telling a downhill skier he would bebetter off at home,  sat in his armchair,  with the CH on , playing with his skiing simm on nintendo :t-up:

• Like 1

Basically a pointless and incredibly poor bit of journalism, probably one of the worst bits of motoring journalism I've seen and it should never have passed editorial.  They will be having a go at the Atom next for not having doors or even sides.

The article absolutely misses the point of that type of car, almost all are second cars and therefore purchased using a very different kind of criteria the number of people who would be comparing a Caterham and an ST Fiesta must be incredibly small as would those be considering one as a daily driver though I used to work with someone who did run one for quite a while, he eventually got a basic tin top though for the daily commute.