Black Country Feb Meet - Sun 4th Mar - Cancelled

Rhett Turner - Black Country AO

Just a reminder to say that the March meet is coming up this Sunday, (4th), 7pm at the Dudley Arms, Himley. DY3 4LB.

I would normally have said to "Hopefully see a few of you there for a catch up, discussion on Winter projects and what we have in mind for the year ahead", but with  the weather forecast for later today and the next couple of days we will have to see. Even if the snow's gone it's still not likely to be Westfield weather.   

Thanks 

Rhett

Not surprised.  My Son, Oliver, had to abandon his MX5 on the way home, lucky for him my wife, Tracy, could re-route and pick him up.  It took her 2 and half hours or so as well. I ventured back out later with him when the roads had quietened to retrieve it. It was his first real experience of snow driving and I don't really think a MK2 MX5, in heavy slow moving traffic, is the ideal car to learn in. I then had quite a tie tiring journey back as I had to stop and push him up several hills. Hid start to get the hang over it though by the end learning that maintaining momentum is king and being smooth, not always doing what your first instinct says etc.

His car is now tucked up and his gone off to work on the Bus. 

• Like 1

Though it may be OK later we've still got quite a bit of snow on the ground. I think it therefore sensible to cancel tonight. Hope with weather improves soon so that we can start to get out in our cars.