Essex Area Monthly Meet - 11th March

Kevin (Mr T)

As the weather starts to warm up :getmecoat:, we are going to incorporate a morning run to The Lodge for our usual Midday meet up.

To save people having to negotiate Chelmsford to get to the start point, there will be two separate routes planned. One will start from the Shell Garage just off the A12/M25 junction (Brook Rd, Brentwood, CM14 5LU) and will be lead by @KennyP and the other from the McDonalds at the Boreham interchange (Drovers Way, CM2 5PS) lead by me. Both groups will be setting off from their respective start points at around 10.30am, aiming to land at The Lodge at the same time!

Clearly, it would be useful to know who we are waiting for, so would you please indicate your participation and which start point you will be using. GPX files of the two routes will be available to anyone wanting them.

Come on all you guys to the north of Chelmsford, I am sincerely hoping that my convoy is longer than Ken's!

I'll be starting with Captain Kenny, as it's mothering Sunday I'll not be hanging around to long at the lodge as I'm cooking for both mum's and the missus

I am pleased to join you on Sunday 11th but only meet up at the lodge.    I am due back from the sun abroad on Saturday 10th, and due to the snow this week, have put the Westy back in my garage, on the lift so the wife's car is underneath to escape the snow, whilst we are away. So not enough time to sort them out for the 11th blat.    We catch a plane this Friday afternoon, providing the Gatwick snowplows are working well.

Brian

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Geezergs said:

I'll be starting with Captain Kenny, as it's mothering Sunday I'll not be hanging around to long at the lodge as I'm cooking for both mum's and the missus

Good man

Hopefully i'll be joining you Kevin at Boreham for my first ever blat now that I have my number plates.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, woodneyuk said:

Hopefully i'll be joining you Kevin at Boreham for my first ever blat now that I have my number plates.

In that case Steve, only the weather will be an acceptable reason for a no show :d

Can't wait to see the beast.

Can't  make this one my son will be on his passing out parade at Pirbright Surrey. He is away now on training and has had to camp out for 3 nights this week,he said last night was -13. He is in the army reserves and will be a fully trained soldier. Sunday 11th will be the next time we see him. 

Can I be exscused this month?

Well it's a very good reason congratulations to him.I

hope that you don't mean he's out in this weather??

37 minutes ago, DE04* said:

Can't  make this one my son will be on his passing out parade at Pirbright Surrey. He is away now on training and has had to camp out for 3 nights this week,he said last night was -13. He is in the army reserves and will be a fully trained soldier. Sunday 11th will be the next time we see him. 

Can I be exscused this month?

I think that is a particularly worthy excuse!

48 minutes ago, Geezergs said:

Well it's a very good reason congratulations to him.I

hope that you don't mean he's out in this weather??

He's been at Sandhurst for a few days and yes he's been out under a sheet they tie between trees so he is not even in a tent,and he only has a couple of hours sleep then has to do one hour patrol,couple hours sleep and one hour patrol. 

Well the snow has gone.

So let's assume the weather is going to be favourable, there must be a few more that are up for an hours blatting prior to meeting up at the Lodge?

Forecast for Sunday looks promising, any more provisional names?