Essex Area Blats

Kevin (Mr T)

Following a successful (if chilly) breakfast run at the weekend, the plan is to make this a regular event on the fourth Sunday of the month. Start points and destinations will vary. The Monthly Meet remains on the second Sunday.

As soon as the evenings pull out, I will also organise a mid-week blat during the intermediate weeks.

Additionally, everyone is free to post up here, and via the whatsapp group, for any other planned or spontaneous get togethers.

From the March meet on, I will be at the McDonalds at Boreham at 10.30am, to lead anyone interested on a country route to the Lodge. Ken (The Shallow Ford Man) Paton will be making similar arrangements for the guys coming in from the south side of Chelmsford.

Under the prevailing conditions, six was a reasonable turnout yesterday. Let's get into a rhythm and put some road miles on these cars!

• Like 2

I'll be at the Shell Garage just off the A12/M25 junction (Brook Rd, Brentwood, CM14 5LU) for a similar time. Aim will be to have an hour to hour and a half run out avoiding as many built up areas as possible and getting to the Lodge by midday. Routes will be planned before hand and available as a GPX file a few days before for anyone using satnav (recommended).  I will do my best to avoid any fords, shallow and deep, but I can't make any promises! 

See you soon :-)