Seight throttle linkage.

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

20170926_135301.thumb.jpg.b18a4c05d1d1ee39a1f89f067473923b.jpg

Need the throttle linkage, as shown in the pic.

Still looking.

I think you need to be looking for a 3.9 plenum with the linkage included, there are still some around although not cheap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-V8-Plenum-Fuel-Injection-Range-Rover-Land-Rover-Kit-C/132493671160?hash=item1ed93cfaf8:g:bYMAAOSw8DJaICoH

As most of the parts wont be available now, although you could get some missing pieces from here.

https://www.ukmgparts.com/catalogue/rv8-midcat-6-sub61rv8-engine-controls-accelerator-linkage

That linkage arrangement was also fitted to the rover v8 3.9 engined MG.

Throttle cable I think you can still get from rimmer bros.

good luck

scott

1 hour ago, groucher said:

I think you need to be looking for a 3.9 plenum with the linkage included, there are still some around although not cheap.

Hi Scott,

Tried that but the standard plenum has the inlet on the side whereas the modified Westfield plenum has the inlet on the rear. The standard mechanism won’t fit. Looks like a hacksaw and an angle grinder might be needed.

John.

9AC1C837-2614-489A-B351-A50F527AC3BF.jpeg

0E64729B-3183-4CF4-935E-24E729A67F2B.jpeg

I'm not sure what you mean by wont fit?, is there something in the way or not lining up?

My throttle linkage was originally from a 3.9 v8 plenum, with a few mods to fit under the bonnet, and its now fitted to a modified 4.6 plenum, which mates to a ACT plenum, the throttle arrangement fitted and lined up perfectly, other than I had to modify the angle of the cable bracket to keep it under the bonnet.

The plenum in the picture has just had the inlet port removed and welded on the end, so a standard EFI 3.9 throttle arrangement should go straight on, unless theres something I cant see from the pictures.

regards

scott

Don't know if these chaps can help they do specerlise in v8s 

rpi engernering   01603 891209

Hi Scott,

The standard linkage fouls the side of the modified plenum, and also the fuel rail. The link you gave to ukmgparts was helpful, exactly what I need, but unfortunately they are no longer available.

Snicko,

RPI have nothing suitable, only the standard linkage.

regards and thanks to you both for your help.

John.

Do you have to use that linkage? Mine is different to yours, maybe you can swap out the linkage as  a whole unit?

kenton

IMG_0424.JPG

Hi Kenton,

Interesting setup, I'll have a look at that.

Looking at your vacuum pipes, how are they configured? Do you have a vac advance on your distributor? I intend to connect the plenum inlet to the pressure regulator and the stepper motor to the distributor. Does that sound ok?

My air flow meter and filter are in line, as yours. Do you have the filter attached to the scuttle? If not, bit concerned that the vibration would be a problem with the weight of the afm and the filter.

John.

Hi John

I've got the pressure regulator connected to the stepper motor and the dizzy to the nipple above the throttle butterfly. Works for me although on my other car running an emerald ecu with no distributor and coil packs i've blanked off the stepper motor so cold start up is done via the ecu map.

No extra support needed on the air filter just make sure the joints are free from oil and the clips done up tight.

Kenton

Engine bay.JPG

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.