Top Gear, back this weekend

CraigHew

Big foot things has done the missus in, shes gone to watch anything else !! Think the darts are on.................. but I did enjoy the Mclarens..............

I tried to watch it but was totally bored; sadly even with the Lee Mack bit and he's usually very entertaining.

There is just no chemistry or magic in the show. It's doomed Captain.

I enjoyed last nights show. Admittedly I fast forwarded through the celeb and reverse camera bit, but otherwise fast cars and automotive toys were aplenty!

didn't think anything could beat a party political broadcast for out & out boredom , but this reset the boredom benchmark to a new level !

There were some decent bits and some terrible bits.  Best thing is it reminded me to watch Monkey Harris's review of the Holy Trinity again on Youtube. It runs to about an hour but very very watchable.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 13:02, DonPeffers said:

There is just no chemistry or magic in the show.

Yup. No longer do I make excuses to be at home at 8pm on a Sunday. I actually want to watch it in a format where I can fast forward.

Clarkson, Hammond and May had such chemistry and poise that it was possible to believe the entire show was unscripted and we were watching 3 mates dicking around.

These guys are reading a script... badly...

We're all speechless !

I mostly watched the latest episode and the Extra Gear as well and thought it was a bit better than usual, probably because I once hired a Dodge Charger in Canada and love 2CVs.

On Extra Gear Rory Reid said of the Ariel Nomad  ' 0-60 in about 3 seconds, costs next to nothing.......about £30 grand.....super affordable.'

It set me wondering what salary he was on if £30k was next to nothing. I haven't traced his salary but did find   SEP 27, 2016  https://carbuzz.com/news/bbc-pay-matt-leblanc-2-million-to-host-top-gear  'According to the BBC, LeBlanc has signed off on a £2 million ($2.6 million) deal to be host for two seasons on Top Gear.'

With BBC collecting £3.7BN in licence fees plus £1.3BN in Commercial income I suppose they can afford super salaries.

Rory Reid driving the basic Kia backwards was just plain ridiculous.

It was painful watching the last series. It hasn't changed,  watching somebody paint a fence would be more enjoyable.

I want my tv licence refunded.

Why do people who moan continuously about how crap it is keep watching? Then moan how crap it is! 

If I don't like a programme I don't keep watching.

I suppose Top Gear has, for so many years, been such a hugely profitable, entertaining, BBC icon, deep down we all hate to see it die and strenuously hope for some sort of recovery.

Hope springs eternal.

On 3/20/2018 at 09:32, sdh2903 said:

Why do people who moan continuously about how crap it is keep watching? Then moan how crap it is! 

If I don't like a programme I don't keep watching.

Conversely , how do you judge if its crap or not unless you have watched it  :t-up: