Top Gear, back this weekend

CraigHew

News Series (25) begins Sunday 25th Feb.  8pm BBC 2

At least some schedulers within the Beeb had the good sense to wait until The Grand Tour finished its current run...

• Like 2

Hmmmm..................20 mins in................and its as comical as monday mornings..................lets hope its gets better............. need a poo, so someone else needs to take over on the review.......

Where 's the banter between presenters? What about the irrelevant non pc /sexist remarks, this is what made the old show, there are far too many American shows on tv already, I cannot imagine this lot doing  stuff like the Vietnam, Middle East journeys!   

Right, I am back. Called my mother, made a cup of tea, wifes looking at houses in North Wales and she is bored of TG.............. so, I dont seem to have missed much.......... Rob Brydon was as interesting as concrete, allegedly...............

I thought it was ok, not as good as last series, but still better than any of TGT that I sat through. 

Sorry but I enjoyed 65% of it.  I’m really enjoying grown men driving fast cars and having a great time without reducing themselves to seven-year old abusive swearing imbeciles on speed pushing forced patronising twaddle like Clarkson & Co.  I remember the last few years of the old Top Gear and they were idiotic and dreadful.

The 35% I didn’t like was all Rob Brydon.  Can’t stand him, loves the sound of his own voice, even during his own lap!  Utter prat.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

I’m really enjoying grown men driving fast cars and having a great time without reducing themselves to seven-year old abusive swearing imbeciles on speed pushing forced patronising twaddle like Clarkson & Co.  I remember the last few years of the old Top Gear and they were idiotic and dreadful.

Have a look on youtube soon and see the 'best of outtakes' from this series. I am sure the clip will be seconds and not comedy gold like some of the old TG clips . Sadly both TGT and TG have lost that 'thing' that make it compulsive viewing. Shame really, but its all been toned down to be more PC and sensible. 

I noticed on the Chris Evans show this morning there was not  a single mention of TG being back on. 

Strange that!!!

• Haha 1

Average at best. Best bit was Harris getting battered in the chain car racing. The rest was a bit yawn. Will still watch it tho as the rest of the telly is crap.

• Like 1

I agree about it being boring and the rest of telly totally crap, was watching a rerun of Father Ted and thought the cast would make an excellent set of Top Gear presenters ( I do realise some are now deceased) Dougal would be great as a Stig, and Mrs Doyle as that German woman who pops up now and then, Father Jack as James????    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Olliebeak said:

I agree about it being boring and the rest of telly totally crap, was watching a rerun of Father Ted and thought the cast would make an excellent set of Top Gear presenters ( I do realise some are now deceased) Dougal would be great as a Stig, and Mrs Doyle as that German woman who pops up now and then, Father Jack as James????    

FECK !!!!!