Do Brickie’s do block paving? :d

8 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Do Brickie’s do block paving? :d

Yep i was right i should have kept hush :down:

• Haha 2

If we're still brainstorming you could:

Put a bit of steel plate on each side of the door to act like a big funnel 

Give the trailer spherical wheels to increase manoeuvrability

Actual suggestion - can you get slimmer wheels and arches for the trailer? 

2 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

I have one of these Mr Shifta to move mine. Because my driveway is a slope it won't move the loaded trailer as there's insufficient grip for the tyres. It would do it on the level though. It happily moves the empty trailer up the incline of the drive which I would be unable to do single-handed.

They are no longer made but plenty are around on eBay etc. The No2 or No3 are the better choices apparently.

Mr Shifta are great but I really struggled to get one for decent money, they were getting up to proper caravan mover cash last time I looked ie £ 300 to £ 400 hence why I ended up with a single jockey wheel one.

Two key choices. 

1. Reduce the width of the car and trailer.

2. Make the garage door wider.

Perhaps option 2 gives the best long term option.

No man should ever be asked to clear out his garage, that’s abuse.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Route66 said:

Two key choices. 

1. Reduce the width of the car and trailer.

2. Make the garage door wider.

Perhaps option 2 gives the best long term option.

No man should ever be asked to clear out his garage, that’s abuse.

Option 2 is on the cards. 

Agree about the abuse! :d

Looks like your set up is the same as mine Chris, I just push the trailer out into the driveway, turn it around and then hitch it on. All by hand. When I get home, I unhitch, push the trailer back, turn it around and then pull it in forwards, again by hand. It's a lot harder than it sounds as there's a good slope into the garage, but it is doable. 

So I guess in summary - man up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Full disclosure though, Barny is a former Britain’s Strongest Man finalist.

16 minutes ago, BCF said:

Looks like your set up is the same as mine Chris, I just push the trailer out into the driveway, turn it around and then hitch it on. All by hand. When I get home, I unhitch, push the trailer back, turn it around and then pull it in forwards, again by hand. It's a lot harder than it sounds as there's a good slope into the garage, but it is doable. 

So I guess in summary - man up!

Haha. Yes but I do have a bit of a lip to overcome at the garage door that makes it awkward as it is right where the arches catch - and a bit of gravel in the middle of the drive that the jockey wheel digs into. 

I guess I need to talk to @chriss1455 about the drive :d

On 22/02/2018 at 16:43, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

I have one of these Mr Shifta to move mine. Because my driveway is a slope it won't move the loaded trailer as there's insufficient grip for the tyres. It would do it on the level though. It happily moves the empty trailer up the incline of the drive which I would be unable to do single-handed.

They are no longer made but plenty are around on eBay etc. The No2 or No3 are the better choices apparently.

Chris

I have a Mr Shifta no3 that I no longer use as don't really use the sprint shuttle much anymore as I have converted the truck to take the car.

Shame you are so far away, I could be tempted to part with it.

However I highly recommend  it for ease of use, just go careful if trying to turn too tightly with a twin axle trailer as if you jackknife the Mr shifta and get it stuck its a pain in the rear. Single axle trailers are so much easier to manoeuvre off the tow vehicle.

Lee

1 hour ago, RussH said:

Full disclosure though, Barny is a former Britain’s Strangest Man finalist.

Fixed that