Peak District Scenic Stealer, Sat 24th Feb, 10.30am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at The Wheatsheaf, Baslow, DE45 1SR, at 10.30am. From there we are taking a scenic route, part of it stolen from our Morgan-driving counterparts, to finish up at The Yondermann.

The route will go through the pretty villages of Taddington, Sheldon and Great Longstone, it is 30 miles long and takes 1 hour. That is according to google maps, but it is not a fast route, more of a tinkle along and enjoy the views.

The forecast is dry, so is anybody joining us?

Mum still here. Shes going on Sunday! Can’t come. Going mad. Have fun !! I think her 80th has taken so long she is now 85!

• Haha 2

Sorry I can't make this one ... I'm on the train to watch Grimsby vs the Mighty Exeter :cry:

• Sad 1

Negotiations have commenced but there are many significant hurdles. Brexit negotiations would be easier. Will continue to talk but there may well be brinkmanship from the opposition and unreasonable demands made. Will drop you a note nearer the time if success is achievable! :)

• Like 1

had been hoping to, but house selling keeps eating in to my getting the car back together time! It's nearly there now, but might just need to spend Saturday on it.

• Sad 1

Hoping to be there, Sue is getting better but I'm getting worse! :down:

• Like 1

Great to meet you all today, thanks for the run out!

@AndrewBClarke hope you made it home ok. Apologies the route back was a bit rubbish. In my defence, it looked pretty wiggly on the map!!

• Like 2

Just a quick note to say thanks Julie and Glen for organising the day. Without you doing all the organising i would not have been out at all - probably vegetated by the fire. Much better to be with good friends eating our way around the Peak District! Good to meet MattV and we travelled in convoy to Lincoln before going out sepetate ways. :)

• Like 4

We met at The Wheatsheaf, found the fire and ordered the bacon sandwiches. That is, Andrew, a 2 hours drive away, and Martyn and Sue, a 1 and a half hour drive away, a dedication to be very well respected.

DSC03274.JPG

We were soon joined by Matt, all the way from Lincolnshire, 2 hours away also, in his green Westfield running a 1.8 Zetec on throttle bodies. Now that sounds a familiar combination!! and a very good choice too.

DSC03276.JPG

Everybody was soon clucking like mother hens around the new addition

DSC03279.JPG

These cars were all far too clean and we needed to go and find some pure Peak District muck, which we did in true style, thankfully it was dry stuff and not too sticky. We took the great big circular road to nowhere and even stopped to admire the views. Stop, I said it would be slow, but there is no traffic on these roads, mainly because they don't go anywhere.

DSC03293.JPG

DSC03298.JPG

You know the rule by now, FOLLOW ME

DSC03301.JPG

That's it, the road to nowhere

DSC03303.JPG

Well it actually goes to The Yondermann Cafe, so we stopped off there for lunch. You know what is coming next, we needed a cake stop and the Insomnia Cafe was the chosen place. I even managed to not break their flower vase this time.

Forget horsepower, Martyn's car is exactly 2 break manpower, get it, ha ha.......never mind.

DSC03305.JPG

DSC03306.JPG

DSC03307.JPG

For the route home we diverted through the Chatsworth Estate (where Martyn and Sue headed South) and up over Beeley Moor, to drop the Lincolnshire Boys off at the petrol station. What a lovely day, thank you to everyone for driving all the miles to join us, thank you very much, we have enjoyed it immensely. Ssh, but role on summer!

• Like 5

Missed these runs out, even if my waist line hasn’t! Still hopefully back on the road fairly shortly now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looked like a great run out in fantastic weather... looked like T-shirt weather to me :p

Thanks for the motivation to get the car back on the road for April.

• Thanks 1

Yes, yes, Billy and Dave, and all the others, I can't wait for you all to be back with us. You should see the road we have been on today. It goes to nowhere, obviously, it's empty too, but it has been closed due to a landslip for well over a year. It has finally been opened and the views, oh my, but the best bit is that it finishes at The Millstone Country Inn, if you remember we had a rather yummy Sunday carvery there. 

We might have to wait until there is some extra cow poop on it though because it was a bit too clean today:p

DSC03355.JPG

Now stop reading this and get working on those cars :d

• Like 1
  • Haha 2