Harris built 1700 crossflow. High spec, dry sump’d

James_westy

Selling my Harris crossflow. Engine is currently in my car so can be seen running and won’t be removed until sold or at least I’ve taken a deposit.

Call this a gauging interest ad if you like but I am serious about selling but it won’t go for peanuts I’d rather keep it. 

The engine has covered 1,500 road miles (this is backed up by invoice dates and Mot’s) and three Trackdays. It’s a serious engine that could be used for racing or for a fast road car. 

Been dyno’d at about 160/170hp allowing for dyno differences! Very strong and pulls like a train.

Spec:

accrolite 83.5mm forged flat top pistons

forged lotus  rods

arp conrod bolts

arp flywheel bolts 

arp head stud kit

vandervell could competition bearings 

12:1 compression ratio

duplex vernier cam sprocket kit

kent 244 cam

h&h electronic ignition 

high pressure oil pump

chambered head/ stage 3 big valve 

Titan roller rocker kit

ported and matched inlet manifold 

tony law manifold fabricated in situ to give exact header lengths 

lightened and balanced conrods, crank, flywheel and clutch cover 

double dowel flywheel

dry sump, thermostatically opening mocal cooler

The car is currently fitted with a Quaife 4 speed clubmans box with a rs2000 bellhousing. Straight cut 1,2,3 helical 4th. This can be sold with the engine as a job lot or maybe separate if engine sells first

£3750

£3150 without box

C6BAC6F8-2481-4819-A4BE-31705F941C06.jpeg

9B305C4C-DD96-4D8D-97D7-8C20254C78FA.jpeg

F0568D59-CE58-44E1-82DE-C1328EEBA9CB.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

is your engine still for sale ?

i may have an interest in the engine and box.

when was the engine built ? Are you selling it complete with all ancillaries, ready to drop in ? I do not want an engine that is too lumpy, and ideally am looking for an engine that will pull well from low revs. Does the engine pull well ? I think the cam you have is quite mild ? Are the carbs 45 webbers ?

if you could let me know the above info and any other info you have on spec / dyno, I will come back to you.

many thanks, Simon 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.