Shower cap for cage

Mole

Looking for shower cap or ideally cover for also when on trailer, to go over full cage. Tried Soft bits last year but they didn't have anything...

Anyone already solved this??

On 18/02/2018 at 20:58, Mole said:

Looking for shower cap or ideally cover for also when on trailer, to go over full cage. Tried Soft bits last year but they didn't have anything...

Anyone already solved this??

I've asked and asked and no one seems to want to do one which I can use when towing. 

I am trying locally but not found anyone yet..however I would have thought that with all of the tubes to clip on to it would not be too big a challenge..

If not will have to look at tonneau cover.. I was just trying to avoid press studs on the car... But in fact would probably solve the water issue plus people medling.. 

The thing that will put many off is the towing aspect. I know, I know, you could argue what’s the difference between towing at fifty and driving at fifty. (Perhaps it’s turbulence off the tow car?)

Who knows, however companies tend to be very risk averse when it comes to making towing covers that attach to the car, possibly as there are so many stories around of damage being caused.

Just get a half hood for a cage, if that what you want, and if you happen to leave it on when you tow... or get some kind of shower cap made, modelled after the Soft Bits type with the extra straps. (Though to be ho est, I’d be very wary of towing with it on.

The factory did the half hoods, and a friend of mine had one tidied up by a local trimmer, with no great fuss. (He did the basic cutting to shape himself, from a full hood, I think.)

Craig the trailer cover looks good for overnight whilst on trailer, but I don't think for traveling..

Dave I did look at a half hood.. but don't think it will stop the rain sufficiently..

Is a tonneau cover fine for leaving on while on the trailer as that looks the best option at the moment..