Unfinished or instarted project.

Wesley

As per titile I'm looking for a new project so anything you have or may know about will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wes

07515 934136

Thanks mate.

Yeah went to view it yesterday but the paintwork was shocking. I was gutted as it looked great in the photos and asking was asking 9k too!

10 hours ago, Wesley said:

Thanks mate.

Yeah went to view it yesterday but the paintwork was shocking. I was gutted as it looked great in the photos and asking was asking 9k too!

If you spent another £2.5k on it, even if it cost 9 to buy it would be a cheap car on an 18 plate. The only thing is you might have to get it through IVA fairly quick so as not to be caught out by the new proposed rules if they do come into effect.

I agree. The car needs a complete respray, seats, full exhaust system, new brakes all round and various other parts and that coupled with the IVA fees it just didn't stack up for me.

Thanks for the heads up on it though.

43 minutes ago, Jim G said:

The only thing is you might have to get it through IVA fairly quick so as not to be caught out by the new proposed rules if they do come into effect.

A fuel injected Blacktop will have no problem passing with a Cat - in fact even under existing rules, it will need a Cat as it's a 2004 engine, so basically absolutely no difference.

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

A fuel injected Blacktop will have no problem passing with a Cat - in fact even under existing rules, it will need a Cat as it's a 2004 engine, so basically absolutely no difference.

The point I was trying to make is that the new proposal says that kit cars will have to meet the emission rules relevant at the time of first registration, and these emissions as we know are getting tighter and tighter so that even a 2004 blacktop with cat might struggle? therefore it would be a good idea to get it registered sooner rather than later. 

A clarification seems to have been raised in a communication with a manufacturer that this is in fact NOT the case, and that if enacted, kits will simply have to pass the current BET test for ‘92 and later engine’s. A Blacktop installed with a cat will sail through this and in fact will be tested no differently to how it would be currently.

Going forward a few years down the line, may well be a different thing, but let’s unecessarily sew panic at this stage and unwittingly bring about the crisis in the kit car industry we fear.

Just re glancing at the advert, from the pictures, the build doesn’t look too bad, which give that the OP has seen it and didn’t reckon so much to it, shows how much pictures can deceive. However I’d also say it’s less further along than initial impressions suggest. Looks like no wipers or fillet fitted, which then makes me wonder if the scuttle is actually fitted, how much is just rough assembled for photos, rather than properly fettled ready for final fit - there is a difference.

AHH shame. I was watching this.  I expect the comment "95% complete" mentioned in the listing is slightly an exaggeration

I would have viewed this had it been closer

Yeah it was a real shame because I had high hopes.

Yeah nothing was fixed, it was just dry fitted for the photos as you say. What had been done on the car was done to a high standard though .....apart from the paint.

53 minutes ago, Wesley said:

Yeah it was a real shame because I had high hopes.

Yeah nothing was fixed, it was just dry fitted for the photos as you say. What had been done on the car was done to a high standard though .....apart from the paint.

Thanks for the clarification, the closer I looked, the more you could see stuff obviously done, and looking good/right/proper, and then other stuff either just sat in place, or tucked back for photos.

Its a nice colour, in the pics at least. Could it be wet sanded and polished to recover the finish, or is it a respray job. Such a shame if it’s the latter, as on a new build, someone will have paid good money for the materials if not necessarily labour, and in many ways, it loses the car value if it needs redoing.

He's going to flat it all back and re-polish but I'm guessing due to the metallic paint and the uneven gloss it'll need a full respray as it shows up straight away when stood in front of the car. They guy who sprayed it was with us and he admitted it was a bit of a rush job and said it will need blowing over with paint to be 100%. It's actually darker in colour than the photos perceive too.

If it was a little cheaper I'd have taken it and given it a full re-pspray too made it perfect. I'm sure someone (hopefully) will spend the time and money on it and make it into the stunner it deserves to be.

• 1 month later...
On 12/02/2018 at 01:40, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

A clarification seems to have been raised in a communication with a manufacturer that this is in fact NOT the case, and that if enacted, kits will simply have to pass the current BET test for ‘92 and later engine’s. A Blacktop installed with a cat will sail through this and in fact will be tested no differently to how it would be currently.

Going forward a few years down the line, may well be a different thing, but let’s unecessarily sew panic at this stage and unwittingly bring about the crisis in the kit car industry we fear.

When was this raised and by who, Dave? Do you have a link please? I’ve not seen anything about it, all I’ve read are the initial proposals which state as I said, that any car passing Iva will have to meet the emissions in please at the time of passing irrespective of engine age. 

40 minutes ago, Jim G said:

When was this raised and by who, Dave? Do you have a link please? I’ve not seen anything about it, all I’ve read are the initial proposals which state as I said, that any car passing Iva will have to meet the emissions in please at the time of passing irrespective of engine age. 

Dave is right. If you look at the proposal it clearly states this. 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.