Anglesey 7th / 8th April

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

5 hours ago, John said:

It doesn't matter what John or anyone else did last year. This is a new year and the scores are all currently zero. The most points will be awarded to the person who records the quickest time for their respective class this year. Who knows even if John is even coming out again this year?

Here Here John I agree.

Castlecroft.

Lots of us do more than one championship.

Get yourself registered for the Speed Series and come and join the fun. Even if you only make Blyton for example with all the other Westfields there it's worth it and you get a T shirt into the bargain.

You may be surprised how well you do.

Yes you will be scored in the SS championship against some fairly tough target times ( but they are in all classes) but you can still pick up a pot on the day as you never know who's going to be there. 

4 hours ago, terry everall said:

Previously Adam, yourself and my brother Stephen looked at the difference between list 1B and 1C tyres and came up with figures about 3.5% difference  not 15% as you suggest Maurici. All competitors compete against class records and its not easy in any class including G and H

3.5% in the same car... not against the average weapon in class F with A24 compound tyres.

I do Agree with all the above.

SS isnt expensive.

The padock atmosphere is great.

It comes with a T-Shirt.

The blyton weekender itself repays any entry fee you may pay. I enjoy a lot getting drunk around the BBQ... then next day I play lawnmowers...

BUT, we have to be realistic and stop living in wonderland. You can´t say to a newcomer in the SS to enter in class F with a road car with toyos (i dont care how megabusa is) and tell him "you will do well" obviously, they wont. He has well remarked an unmodified and Standart road car... There is loads of money and performance between an unmodified road westfield to a fully developed sprint car...

Wow, from what I thought was just a simple innocent post it looks like I have opened up a big debate... let me just state that that was not my intention.

Also thanks for all the comments and messages of encouragement, we recognise that winning is not everything, and we are realistic in our expectations... the social side does play a big part, and we don’t dismiss this aspect....

But the die is cast for this year, we have already entered the MSC, and have our schedule of 9+ events, hotels are already booked etc... some of these will coincide with wscc events, so I’m sure that there will be ample opportunity for your committee to test the 3.5% assumption.

But back to my first point, debate is healthy, but I think that Maurici has articulated our considerations very well,,,, a true road going car will not be competitive in your class F... so until that aspect is addressed in your class structure then you will possibly not encourage new bike engined cars to join in.....

So I guess that is the burning question.... how is the SS going to be an inclusive, and sustainable series and recruit new ordinary road car / novice driver combinations with limited budgets.....

• Like 4

Just for information there are currently 4 drivers entered in class F ( No John Hoyle as yet) and 2 are Busas !

You wont know how quick you are unless you join in and get free advice on car set up, suspension, tyre pressures, mods etc as well as full paddock support and free mechanics and materials if something happens to your car. We can repair most cars and carry a lot of spare parts available to the speed series guys . The paddock banter and support is unparallelled and all part of being in the Westfield Speed Series.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, terry everall said:

Just for information there are currently 4 drivers entered in class F ( No John Hoyle as yet) and 2 are Busas !

You wont know how quick you are unless you join in and get free advice on car set up, suspension, tyre pressures, mods etc as well as full paddock support and free mechanics and materials if something happens to your car. We can repair most cars and carry a lot of spare parts available to the speed series guys . The paddock banter and support is unparallelled and all part of being in the Westfield Speed Series.

and our entry fee is cheaper than MSC. Not only that, but some fast national guys might enter MSC as well and ruin your fun. You are better off in your own fold :t-up: Why not enter both if some events overlap?