Monday 30th April

Saturday 2nd June

Friday 15th June

Friday 20th July

Thursday 9th August

Saturday 29th September

Saturday 20th October

:praise:

Just been looking at those dates. Some (The two Fridays) have Super Lap Scotland events after them.. (Scottish Time attack.. ) so I'd expect some monsters on track! ;) Having said that, I did a similar one a couple of years back, and tbh they behaved themselves.. 

I haven't decided yet but I think I'd be looking at either 2nd June or 9th August.. not sure about the April ones? Is that a bit early for Scottish weather? ???

I compete in Super Lap Scotland in my Megabusa...Class C. Re your comment about track behaviour I must say I find SLS to be a safer and more considerate environment than trackdays

8 hours ago, S2T said:

I compete in Super Lap Scotland in my Megabusa...Class C. Re your comment about track behaviour I must say I find SLS to be a safer and more considerate environment than trackdays

Yes, I think I could probably agree with you. It's some of the racers that seem to loose their mirrors on trackdays that can be a problem. One day I remember had more than its fair share of BMW hatchbacks and Minis that weren't keen to pull over on the straights. I actually think they were pulling over to the left expecting a pass on the right!

Agree with your Andrew when you get racers as opposed to SLS/Time Attack guys on the circuit as they seem to think they own it. I almost got wiped out by Lewis Hamiltons brother at Oulton when he was using a track day as his test day afew years ago

43 minutes ago, S2T said:

Agree with your Andrew when you get racers as opposed to SLS/Time Attack guys on the circuit as they seem to think they own it. I almost got wiped out by Lewis Hamiltons brother at Oulton when he was using a track day as his test day afew years ago

Your moment of fame! :)  The only brush with racing fame I can think of was when I got sandwiched between Anthony Reid and David Leslie in the Croft urinals.. well I could have been seriously splashed! :t-up:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Your moment of fame! :)  The only brush with racing fame I can think of was when I got sandwiched between Anthony Reid and David Leslie in the Croft urinals.. well I could have been seriously splashed! :t-up:

Real claim to fame is  a BTCC driver was driving my car last year so I know what times a proper race driver can achieve in my car...he was 3 seconds quicker than me between start and the exit of the chicane ...however after that our data traces were on top of each other...all part of my vertical learning curve

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, S2T said:

Real claim to fame is  a BTCC driver was driving my car last year so I know what times a proper race driver can achieve in my car...he was 3 seconds quicker than me between start and the exit of the chicane ...however after that our data traces were on top of each other...all part of my vertical learning curve

What sort of lap times are you getting at KH? My best is a very low 58, would love to dip into 57s, but I think my age is heading in the same direction as my lap times! :(

One thing you know though, there's no point in upgrading the car any more if there's three seconds in the driver is there? ;)

I am doing a few upgrades as will be trying to get the car to behave more suited to an 'advancing years gentleman driver' than a pure race driver. My target for this year will be 56's

21 minutes ago, S2T said:

I am doing a few upgrades as will be trying to get the car to behave more suited to an 'advancing years gentleman driver' than a pure race driver. My target for this year will be 56's

My target too.. not a hope of achieving it though, short of sticking LH in the car. :d

So, no trackdays for you now? 

Oh yes need to get some early season ones in...my first is end march with Track Scotland

Btw the new surface is rather slippy at the moment

10 hours ago, S2T said:

Oh yes need to get some early season ones in...my first is end march with Track Scotland

Btw the new surface is rather slippy at the moment

I did wonder about the new surface.. will let you lads bed it in. ;) Have they extended some of the run off areas?

I've seen the Track Scotland calendar, it's a shame they don't seem to do any full days. OK for you locals, but Knockhill's too far for me to travel for two or four hours of track time.

I live 150 miles from KH...I hope others bed it in before then, the kerbs havent been changed so the track is now 3 inches higher which means the kerbs are lower..they have changed a couple of the run off areas more so for anticlockwise....Landrover Jaguar have hired the track for a week/10 days so there were pleanty of cars going aropund at the weekend...problem is it was rather wet

• Thanks 1