Age of Westfield Model

seven7

can anybody tell me from which Year westfield built those chassis: (both sides rear of enginebay the diagonal tube, this style of pedal box and cvh engine?)

E16.jpg

Mine has the diagonals both sides same peddlebox and also had a cvh.   1994 SEWI chassis. Narrow tunnel for type 9 / earlier boxes.   But there are other age things like type of rear axle.   Mines a Sierra diff and housing .  But early independents where different and used Westfield’s own diff housing.    The chassis number gives clue to the age.  

Very difficult to determine age from that photo. Probably pre-2000 as it has kit bodywork. Very similar to my 97 widebody, with the top mounted pedal box. Originally mine had a CVH but now has a redtop. 

Got any more pictures?

the pic above  is a random pic from the web

the car is this:

widebody, CVH engine, 5speed box...diff unknown.

was the chassis with the symetric diagonals inside engienbay produced already 1991?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

We have 2 westfields in the family. The 2005 car has the chassis number stamped on the drivers side engine bay diagonal, the 1998 car has the chassis number stamped on the box section bottom cross member at the front of the chassis. You might find a chassis number in either of those places.

Gary

most important is: (considering that the chassis was never changed):

from which year onwards westfield used those widebody chassis with symnetric diagonals and such kind of pedal box and such kind of dashboard?

again: i dont have a chassisnumner as this car is up for sale and its possible that the seller has faked the cars reg to make it older.....this could also mean that the number which might be embossed somewhere into the chassis is a differtn one than it originally came from UK.

i also might be a bit paranoid /over-cautios and everything is fne with the car. just need sme input from the experts.

Edited by seven7

how many times i need to explain this: the number might be from a differtn car....not uncommon  that ID´s from  older westfield´s are used to make younger ones roadlegal over here.

so i ask again:

from which year onwards westfield used those widebody chassis with symnetric diagonals and such kind of pedal box and such kind of dashboard?

Edited by seven7

i thought that too....too many things on this car do not match with a 1991 car, imo

this said...during that time westfield changed to widebodies and also to CVH engines.....or am i wrong?

thats why i´m a bit concenred if my doubts that this car might have a faked ID are entiteld or not

Edited by seven7