Speed Series

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Morning,

Reminder the speed series is open to competitors.... I need people to sign up and then I can get the registration packs out.

cheers

john

I'm away at the moment but will enter the Mazda in class J for Blyton in July, maybe a couple of other events too, diary permitting. 

How many entries have you had so far? 

I’m still on the fence between more track days and having a go at sprinting. 

I guess the main put off right now is buying yet another lid. I already have two, but no FIA ones!

Looking at the calendar, for me it would be Croft, Blyton, Harewood then Blyton again. I guess that would be enough for a taster?

1 minute ago, BCF said:

I have an in date helmet you can borrow Chris, size medium...

No excuses now then. Cheers Barny :t-up:

• Like 1

Was planning on it this year but a baby due to drop i will have to postpone it and go for it next year

12 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

No excuses now then. Cheers Barny :t-up:

No probs. Just let me know what events you plan to do and I'll work out a way to get it to you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Right come on folks, Christmas is out of the way and the start of the Speed Series season is a matter of a few weeks away.

As John says please get your registrations in ASAP as the official closing date is 9th March.

Knowing numbers helps with ordering T shirts and stickers etc, so please sign up as soon as possible. 

• Like 2

On 08/02/2018 at 21:23, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I’m still on the fence between more track days and having a go at sprinting. 

In hindsight I wish I'd got a lot more seat time on track days before getting stuck into sprints. The learning curves for handling/lines Etc. are much steeper.

But definitely do a couple of sprints if able, and there'll be plenty of help and loan ppe kit available.

1 hour ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

In hindsight I wish I'd got a lot more seat time on track days before getting stuck into sprints. The learning curves for handling/lines Etc. are much steeper.

But definitely do a couple of sprints if able, and there'll be plenty of help and loan ppe kit available.

In my first years of sprinting with the Westie I was doing both. Often used to go across to Anglesey for a trackday on the friday followed by the sprint weekend, some brilliant times. Great fun. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick - Joint North East AO said:

In my first years of sprinting with the Westie I was doing both. Often used to go across to Anglesey for a trackday on the friday followed by the sprint weekend, some brilliant times. Great fun. 

Yep - perfect combo, All good seat time, unfortunately resources wouldn't allow me to do so.

• Sad 1

Yeah it all costs in terms of both money and, importantly for family, time. 

Just realised I need a licence before I can apply to do SS so better get that ASAP. 

Chris

if you want to register for the SS and then get your licence later I'm sure that will be fine.

Just let Comp Sec know yr licence number when you get it. 

Mark Anson

SSOT. 

Ok registered now. 

Have to admit the MSA website application system is utterly pants (speaking as a professional web developer). Got thrown back to the start for missing a tick box but only once I’d filled everything in, then after going through yet again and eventually entering card details it threw me back and said I had to apply via post!

Doesn’t encourage you one bit and I’m really having to persevere just to join in!

On 2/21/2018 at 20:31, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Ok registered now. 

Have to admit the MSA website application system is utterly pants (speaking as a professional web developer). Got thrown back to the start for missing a tick box but only once I’d filled everything in, then after going through yet again and eventually entering card details it threw me back and said I had to apply via post!

Doesn’t encourage you one bit and I’m really having to persevere just to join in!

And your passport is british...

Don't ask how it works for the Spaniards ones, who have to deal with Spanish federation and MSA at the same time.

:)