Got a pic of your first car?

BigSkyBrad

What would a restored SP250 be worth now?! Always the case though, 'I wish I'd kept that car'! I certainly wish I could have kept all of mine - bar two, a Viva HC 1800 (drank like a 2300, and gutless like a 1300) and a Mk1 Honda Prelude that was so crusty it had a scuttle panel fashioned from pure filler bog.

First car was a mini, unfortunately don't think I have any pictures of it pre 'moment' Boxing day 1990. This is it, in and out of the trees. It was an 1100cc special, I still don't know how the rear light got smashed as it went in forwards, also somehow even had a small dent in the boot on the drivers side. All I can say is I was lucky the roof went up not down.5a7e065d8ccd0_miniintrees.thumb.jpg.41db8831366d71e58d85c7ad46c076e8.jpg

mini.thumb.jpg.ff8265f8b872fc8a8b56bcf63636ac9e.jpg

This is my first kit car, 3ltr V6 Swaymar tuned Essex engined Dutton Phaeton.This thing was quite throaty.

Next to my rot box of an XR3i (and we won't talk about the Renault)dutton.thumb.jpg.61aa40f37018bd50df8d70bc84c868ec.jpg

The wife wanted a classic mini and seeing that photo makes me realise I was right not to build one with a B18 in there. You were very lucky in that, Lee ! A customer of mine used to have a mate with a mini, he went out one night and he crashed it and he cut both his eyelids on the heater vent, which was just a bit of turned up metal under the screen. Had to have his eyelids and bridge of his nose sewn back up :ph34r: Wife also wants a 2cv again, but thats in the same league of disintegration. But who the hell am I talking, I got a Westfield  to compare with them :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, iowlee said:

This is my first kit car, 3ltr V6 Swaymar tuned Essex engined Dutton Phaeton.This thing was quite throaty.

Next to my rot box of an XR3i (and we won't talk about the Renault)dutton.thumb.jpg.61aa40f37018bd50df8d70bc84c868ec.jpg

Did you have to swap the wheels round to which ever car you wanted to drive? 

• Like 1

Love minis, only have a standard 998 now. Last one was a 2ltr c20xe engined one. Great little cars but with loads of room in there for the talker driver. I’m 6ft 8 and love driving them. Need to change the steering wheel and bucket seats help. Never had a 2cv but did have a Citroen dianne. Now that car was interesting. I think the panels were made out of old baked bean tins. Not the sturdiest of vehicles. I was very luck in the mini. Emergency services on the scene thought I was history. Only damage I got was a fractured ankle. The heater until dropped onto my foot just as the car came to a halt. It was wedged between 3 trees so they had to pull me out of the side window. They obviously never used to be that bothered about don’t move the injured person. The fireman actually pulled me feet first. That’s when I realised my ankle hurt. 

Forgot about the name stickers in the back windows Lee. Mates Mk3 cortina has the 'Cortina' in his window , the same as your Mini sticker is :d