Soft Bits for Sevens Touring Tunnel bag.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Could someone with a Soft Bits for Sevens touring Tunnel bag do me a favour please!

The dimensions on the website only tell me so much! Took me one go before I realised it was an imperial ruler! I could do with a few measurements to see if it’ll fit on a. my Honda extra wide transmission tunnel, and b. if it does, will it clear my centre console.

These are the bags.

AE61C031-1CB1-46D6-B387-AFD7C629DE4F.jpeg

What’s not obvious from the photo, as you can really see where it’s supposed to fold down around the top of the tunnel, is what’s the widest dimensions A and B can be. Is it right the way to the seam of the fold over closure on the pocket, or does the passengers side pocket need to sit a wee bit lower than that.

Thanks!

I can measure mine st the weekend.

I originally bought the one in their website but with my JK seats it would not fit and had to back back to be altered.

Di you still want my measurements of what I have now.

Yes please, but could I be cheeky and ask for a photo of your altered one, from the top looking down please! (Like the shot of their original one above, that way I can work out the difference.)

Actually an altered one might be a great idea, I hadn’t realised they did them, I don’t know why, they do bespoke versions of most things normally!

I want to get one of their shower caps ordered ready for a trip later this year, thought the tunnel bag might be handy at the same time.

Hi Dave

I've measured it pouch to pouch fitted in my car. On my tunnel bag measurement A is 28cm and measurement B is 21cm. I've got it set up so that the drivers side pouch runs level with the top of the tunnel at each end. The top of the passenger pouch sits 2.5 cm down from the top of the tunnel at each end. The tunnel is carpeted and the car is a 2005 SEIW.

Reading your comment about the shower cap - I've got a half hood and a shower cap, the combination works a treat.

I hope that helps.

Gary

Thanks Gary. That's perfect.

Yeah, I had one of the Walker St Clair covers, but thought I'd replace it before heading to France this year.  - I tend to use the half hood, as my full hood won't go up with my full sized we-bag on the back of the car. A shower cap style product just helps keep everything dry on the ferry, and of course parked up in camp.

The touring bag would be really useful for all the tickets and stuff!

This is my Showercap and really pleased with it.

I won’t go into too much detail especially with my rose tinted glasses on. :d

Fits  really well and also keeps prying eyes out even if parking in town.

5FA78D9A-398E-4410-A740-A7FBD6146F00.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Yeah, I’ve actually used one Geoff, so a known quantity, there, though great picture :yes:

Jill made one for me to my design (seiw Seight T5 box)

Pass side has  the standard pouch but the drivers side pocket is lower so it hangs under my leg and clear of my knee. 

The tunnel top pouch sits between the seats but forward of the handbrake. It works very well.

Same measurements for me. 28 and 21.

Kenton

IMG_0422.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks Kenton, handy to know it fits a T5 chassis, as my tunnel is probably similar.

6 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

5FA78D9A-398E-4410-A740-A7FBD6146F00.jpeg

That’s a tidy fitting cap, Geoff. Who makes those?

48 minutes ago, Jim G said:

That’s a tidy fitting cap, Geoff. Who makes those?

Soft Bits for Sevens. They’re really beautifully made and very cleverly designed, from a small family business that started out making trip and “soft” products for their own Caterham, then their friends Caterhams, and then it expanded from there, into other Seven type vehicles, Elise’s etc. Sadly, one of the founders passed away last year, but the rest of the family and their staff seem to be going strong.

They do a very good half Hood, too.

The biggest catch is that they are a small company, and most of their gear is semi-bespoke, so lead times can sometimes be quite lengthy.

5 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

The biggest catch is that they are a small company, and most of their gear is semi-bespoke, so lead times can sometimes be quite lengthy.

Hi just ordered a half Hood and storm cap current lead times are 3-4 weeks so get in quick...

Thanks everyone. Well just ordered the Storm Cap.

I’ll have to have a rethink on the tunnel bag; as standard, it certainly won’t fit around the centre console section of the tunnel in mine. I could possibly redesign it a little like Kenton’s, but with a scalloped front to fit round the console, but to be honest, I’d rather just have the actual pockets if that makes sense.

I might try and mock something up, and see if they will make it, along the lines of a sort of disassembled bag that fixed permanently on, and had no central saddle section over the tunnel!

We’ll see.

At least I know the basic item fits the tunnel now.

5 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Thanks everyone. Well just ordered the Storm Cap.

I’ll have to have a rethink on the tunnel bag; as standard, it certainly won’t fit around the centre console section of the tunnel in mine. I could possibly redesign it a little like Kenton’s, but with a scalloped front to fit round the console, but to be honest, I’d rather just have the actual pockets if that makes sense.

I might try and mock something up, and see if they will make it, along the lines of a sort of disassembled bag that fixed permanently on, and had no central saddle section over the tunnel!

We’ll see.

At least I know the basic item fits the tunnel now.

You could always model some from hairy saddlebags!!!