Doors + Cage = might work :)

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

Due to the up and come road trip to Switzerland this year, I though I would have a go at fitting some doors for the motorway runs. 

Little bit heath robinson but, fingers crossed they'll work on the road, they just need testing and some straps for the back of the doors 

2018-01-21_10_20_59.jpg

2018-01-21_10_21_10.jpg

2018-01-22_19_55_31.jpg

2018-01-22_19_55_47.jpg

2018-01-22_19_57_15.jpg

2018-01-22_19_57_40.jpg

2018-02-03_13_22_47.jpg

• Like 2

Looks fine mate. There is some pillars Stu was selling without the mirror castings in the classifieds. It really is the swiss army knives of cars, yours :d

• Like 2

I trimmed the bottom of the doors off and they fit really well. Also went back to soft bits 4 7s left the car there and Jill made me a new roof,pretty much a full roof,really pleased with it. The westy is in bits at the moment as soon as i get it back together i will post some pictures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Looks fine mate. There is some pillars Stu was selling without the mirror castings in the classifieds. It really is the swiss army knives of cars, yours :d

I cut the mirror castings off they just touched the cage. Save a bit of weight as well :d

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DE04* said:

My new roof with full cage from soft bits. Very pleased with how it turned out.

20180217_150207.jpg

How's the set up work in practice through wetter weather??

Have you hinged your doors, so you can open them to get in when the roofs on??

11 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

How's the set up work in practice through wetter weather??

I have not been out in the rain yet but I am expecting it to be ok. You can see the rubber guttering on the roof which should guide the water past the doors.

41 minutes ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

Have you hinged your doors, so you can open them to get in when the roofs on??

I took the top hinges off because they was fouling against the cage. But I found the easiest way is to get in then put the door on it goes on easy when your inside.

• Like 1