I do not understand........

Thrustyjust

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-42923440

I have no understanding as to why some nasty person would ever do this to his best friend. We were lucky enough to be able to walk Charlie as a friend fostered him for a while and we were all horrified that as the law was, he could have gone back to the vile 'owner' . He is the most lovely dog and our 2 got on with him, even if he is a little boisterous in big puddles and soaked ours :d. I am so happy he has been given a new home , but was hard for our friends to give him up, but being a vet nurse , the house was full of all kinds of animals. Just cant understand how someone could be so evil to his four legged friend. Must admit if I did have the space, he would be here now :love:

Hope he has a happy life now though...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t understand it, but then given how some people treat other people I’m sadly not surprised anymore either.

Thank goodness it was spotted and the poor creature got out of such an abusive situation and into a happy home. You do wonder how much of this goes completely unseen and the evidence buried in back yards etc.

1 minute ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I don’t understand it, but then given how some people treat other people I’m sadly not surprised anymore either.

Thank goodness it was spotted and the poor creature got out of such an abusive situation and into a happy home. You do wonder how much of this goes completely unseen and the evidence buried in back yards etc.

Absolutely Dave, it is very worrying. He is the most perfect   stunning, happy to see us, young dog and completely defenseless. I wish I could have kept him myself , being totally honest.  

It’s why I couldn’t be a vet.  I'd be overjoyed to fix the poor thing, but then I’d put the owner in hospital with identical injuries +10%.

• Like 2

Yeah, every time I see a story like this, I’m mentally planning out how I could manage to rehome the poor victim.

(Sadly, my cat was the runt of the litter when he was born, and had a malformed knee joint, resulting in bullying from the rest of the litter. As a result, he doesn’t mix well and gets scared, otherwise I’d be knee deep in other rescues by now.)

• Like 1

The friends who fostered him for a couple of months, while it was going through the courts, honestly, its like a zoo round there. She brings kittens home to feed in the night, ferrets, snakes , you name it. 

• Thanks 1

One of our cats was poisoned, £3000 vets bill for a dead cat........... Undoubtedly someone upset at cats making a nuisance of themselves in their garden, but the "naughty" cats aren't generally the one's the fall for a bowl filled with catfood and antifreeze, so our very friendly and loving, 9 month old and slightly naive cat had to pay the price.

Lot's of people telling us it was probably an accident, but knowing what I know about cars and knowing that only the old EG antifreeze is toxic enough to kill them, I know that most shops sell OAT or the stuff with bittering agents to stop animals drinking it, so you'd have to go out of your way to find something that would actually work.

It made me want to buy a drone and go searching peoples gardens, but I was scared of what I'd do when I found them........ I'm not a cat person, but this was family.