N Yorks trip to Eden Camp. WW ll POW Camp. Sunday 25th February

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Great thanks Geoffrey :t-up:

I'll be there, see you Sunday. 

• Like 1

I am going to Ginetta at Garforth for there open day but plan on catching some lunch at squires cafe at Sherburn in elmet if you are done over at Edam camp maybe join me I should be in my GTM Libra as I am not as hardy as you lot and westie is still not taxed.

Matty

Hi Matty. 

I will be heading in the opposite direction but perhaps some of the others may join you.

Thanks for the invite though.

Good day out, and not quite as cold as I expected. 

20180225_142414.jpg

20180225_142442.jpg

Here are a few pictures from our trip to Eden Camp. These are only a few outside shots. There is so much to see in the huts. The huts all have a different theme and some are filled with smoke and smells of what they depict. A lot have speakers playing various war "backgrounds" and the camera just cannot show this. Some of the exhibits are very emotional and thought provoking. It was a really great day and thanks to everyone who came.

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_3609.JPG

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

@Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO thanks for a great day out the boys loved it. Eden camp is a little gem of a museum... we need another day there to see it all properly maybe when its a bit warmer :d