Parking Ticket?

KugaWestie

Check on land registry where the boundary lies. Did you park on public or private property 

also is the road private industrial estate or adopted by the council? 

Was as it a council parking notice or private parking firm? 

The parking restriction from the yellow line would apply to the pavement as well as the road.  It doesn't matter that the pavement doesn't lead to anywhere or not, the legal restrictions would still apply.  Unless you were parked in a line marked parking bay When you were ticketed then I'm afraid it looks like the ticket was valid.

That’s a footpath.  I’m afraid that means you’re something attached to something else by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis - or put simply, screwed.

I'm currently having a barney with my local council over this.  My house was built in 1879, so no on-property nparking front or rear, no rear access either.  The pavement in front of the house is 6.8m wide with dropped kerbs.  Residents of fifty homes here have parked there for 45 years without issue, leaving a 2.9m wide clear footpath, with the tacit knowledge of the council.  Now they’re determined to ticket every car without consultation or discussion, making residents park 300 yards from their own homes.  It’s a flipping nightmare.

20 hours ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

My problem with it is that it appears to be a parking area, dropped kerbs, double yellows going around it.

Dropped kerbs are there for disabled access. It's a compliance thing. Whether they are used or not is irrelevant. 

20 hours ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

I was not in London,

No, you were "elsewhere". Did you think that "elsewhere" excluded where you were? Was there a sign which explicitly stated this was an area where parking on the kerb/pavement was allowed?

You may get off on a technicality of "on-street" when you claim to be "off-street" BUT you could potentially be fined for the offence parking on the pavement instead if the ticket is contested. If it was me (and being a driver in London I've had my fair share of tickets) I'd pay the ticket and move on.

I live in Solihull and complained that a car was blocking the pavement and a woman with a push chair had to walk in the road to get around the car. There are regularly cars parked on the pavement there, not leaving enough room for a wheel chair or double push chair, and the pavement is near a couple of schools, so is busy during the day.

The response was it's only illegal to drive on the pavement, not park on it (must have missed the crane dropping it there) and if the car is parked dangerously, I need to phone the police on 999!!

Did you hear anything back about the ticket?

On 2/9/2018 at 14:10, Ianboom said:

The response was it's only illegal to drive on the pavement, not park on

What you got there was fobbed off. The person on the end of the phone either didn't want to deal with it, has been instructed not to deal with it or simply doesn't know how to deal with it. The rule, as previously mentioned, is clear. I have copied it in below.

Whenever dealing with the police or their civilian support staff, remember they are the police and their civilian support  staff, not legal experts with knowledge of all law and how to apply it.

From the Highway Code:

DO NOT stop or park

• near a school entrance
  • anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
  • at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank
  • on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing
  • opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
  • near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
  • opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
  • where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
  • where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
  • in front of an entrance to a property
  • on a bend
  • where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities except when forced to do so by stationary traffic.

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.
Law GL(GP)A sect 15

So as mentioned by several of us, the law clearly says that you should not park on the pavement elsewhere unless a sign permits it. Elsewhere would include the rest of the UK outside London and there was no sign explicitly stating that parking on the pavement in this case is permitted.

Pay the ticket before the reduced offer runs out because basically, you're bang to rights.