Parking Ticket?

KugaWestie

On Wednesday I parked my car at a job we are working on, and got a parking ticket, or PCN as they are called now. An ON STREET Parking charge

I have contested this one as I fail to see how I was in the wrong?!

S22C-818020212360.thumb.jpg.5aff785cfffbc686a5186243f9361a23.jpg

IMG_1391.thumb.JPG.1190452ffd16881c88c01f4716f670b8.JPG

IMG_1393.thumb.JPG.a0568116f1459d514c24640954d2794f.JPG

IMG_1394.thumb.JPG.6c488f18b16dcdd16726f818fb914c54.JPG

Is that a path or land owned by the premises? The warden may have interpreted it as a path?

Though they should also have recognised that it's a BMW and so can park anywhere anyway. Them's the rules.

5 minutes ago, Dommo said:

Is that a path or land owned by the premises? The warden may have interpreted it as a path?

Though they should also have recognised that it's a BMW and so can park anywhere anyway. Them's the rules.

:laugh:

I cant see how it can be deemed as path, as it does not continue along the fence line. It is also dropped kerb where I parked.
The double yellows dive back into the fence line at both ends of the car/van as there are entrance gates 

You parked on a footpath which is wrong.   The fact that there are dropped kerbs doesn't come into it.

11 minutes ago, SootySport said:

You parked on a footpath which is wrong.   The fact that there are dropped kerbs doesn't come into it.

I cant see that it can be deemed a footpath Bernie, it does not go anywhere or come from anywhere

My understanding is that the double yellows follow the line of the "road", so the area inside would be deemed footpath, whether it leads anywhere of not.

The fact it has yellow lines around it, probably dictates it being a footpath.

Something along the lines of, if it was a roadway, the yellow lines would be along the fence.

Vehicles exiting the gateway, now have to edge out further to see past the car and van.

So the doesn't come from or go anywhere doesn't matter as it was serving a purpose.

But it's all guesswork, if you appeal, they will let you know.

My problem with it is that it appears to be a parking area, dropped kerbs, double yellows going around it.

I am not in the habit of parking illegally and have never received a parking ticket before.

If I am wrong I have no problem with paying the fine, but I do think it is very misleading if I am wrong

My argument is that I received a PCN for "on street parking", and I am not parked on the street

Taken from the Highway Code on the Gov website - I was not in London, this was an industrial estate. If it is deemed as pavement it says should not do so unless signs permit. That does not mean cannot

Rule 244

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

I'm sure I saw a piece on dropped curbs recently.

They only allow you to cross the pathway to a parking spot not on that pathway.

So in theory, drop curb outside your own house, you cant park in it blocking the pavement, just use it as a way to get to your drive on your land.

So a dropped curb anywhere else, probably has the same rules apply.

Assuming it's not part of the factory. Part of my front drive abuts the road with a dropped kerb and no footpath and being my property it's perfectly fine for me to park there.

The double yellow lines cover to the property boundary so it's where that boundary is that would be the key indicator.

6 minutes ago, toys4x4boys said:

I'm sure I saw a piece on dropped curbs recently.

They only allow you to cross the pathway to a parking spot not on that pathway.

So in theory, drop curb outside your own house, you cant park in it blocking the pavement, just use it as a way to get to your drive on your land.

So a dropped curb anywhere else, probably has the same rules apply.

My defence to that would be as the post above if it is deemed to be a pathway, which I don't believe it is.

Be interesting to see what the response comes back as

3 minutes ago, Dommo said:

Assuming it's not part of the factory. Part of my front drive abuts the road with a dropped kerb and no footpath and being my property it's perfectly fine for me to park there.

The double yellow lines cover to the property boundary so it's where that boundary is that would be the key indicator.

Does it say anywhere (Highway Code) double yellow lines cover to the property boundary?

I received an "on street" parking fine, and I am not parked on the street or yellow lines 

Out of interest, do you know if the vehicles shown on the left of your arial picture also got a ticket?

2 minutes ago, John said:

Out of interest, do you know if the vehicles shown on the left of your arial picture also got a ticket?

No idea as the aerial picture was downloaded from google, so taken at a different time to when I parked there