Bedford autodrome GT

Mole

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:27, BCF said:

When was that Bernie? 

Mineis 97bd static and I've only ever had one 'noise' board shown, and that was because I was changing gear right before a noise meter and the full open throttle bodies set the meter off. They showed me a 'noise' board at the next Marshall point, I came in and had a chat with them and they explained what was happening, so I changed gear about 20m earlier and all was fine, and has been ever since.

That was 3 years ago.    Never got a warning, just told to go home.   I think the wind had a bit big part in the Noise, just blowing the wrong way on the day.

• Like 1

I think they've either softened their stance a bit or it depends on the trackday operator. As I say, never had a problem personally and have been there about 6 times in the westy in the past 2/3 years. 

Might give it another chance then, if trackdays survive at Bedford,    MSV are due to sell the place soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Have chosen first play day as Bedford on Saturday 14th April.. should have everything back together by then.. so if anyone else is available to join would be good!

Might be doable, I'm at Gurston on 22nd so might be pushing it for two weekends in a row, but will see what the social events manager says!

• 1 month later...

I am booked in for week on Saturday 14th April .. So if any one else fancies coming out and showing me the way round! Hopefully will finish off getting the car prepped and ready to go this weekend... And check the tyres on the trailer!

Unfortunately I'm now away that weekend so I can't make it :( You'll have a great time though!

Thanks..yes looking forward to the weekend.. and getting 2018 track days under way!

I'll be at Bedford on the 14th, be good to say 'hi' :-)

I'll be in the Orange one that's most likely to blow up. I bought it late autumn and have been giving it a refresh after its sat pretty much unused for 12 years or so..

My previous toy was a sc'd mk1 mx5, did Bedford Autodrome 5 times or so in that various track configurations. GT is the longest track in the UK, but saying that I didn't find it all that hard to learn and I'm no pro.

Cheers

Steve

Just back from fantastic fun day at Bedford.. good to meet Steve with orange Westy but not enough time for long chat..

Car ran really well until five minutes before end of the day when it cut out..all temperatures and pressures had been fine and fuel in the tank..

Towed back to pits where after head scratching realised that fuel pump wasn't running.. so explained why engine tried to fire but I guess no pressure for the injectors..

I have not known pump to go before..8 years old but only 4k miles.. will check fuses and cabling first plus see if there is a gravity switch fitted..

Other than that was a fun sunny day!

• Like 1

Glad to hear you had a good day! Shame about the fuel pump issued and hope you get it sorted, but good to hear you enjoyed it. No noise issues I take it?

Yes was good day...got warned that car was triggering the warning level on one of the sensors.. which was on right side of track..so had to short shift passed that.. was 1 to 2 dB below. Was good to get the warning and well handled by msv. No problems after that..

Some fantastic high speed corners though...

• Like 1