Bedford autodrome GT

Mole

Been looking at dates and tracks and seeing what is available at weekends.. Bedford appears a few times but I remember reading it was not a good track for sevens..more of a Porsche point and shoot track.

Does anyone have any experience or comments...

Yep, it's brilliant, do it. Been loads of times and I love it there, good mix of fast and technical corners, plenty of space so you get little traffic and etiquette tends to be pretty good. I'll preempt people saying that noise can be an issue - but in my experience they give fair warning and I have personally never had any issue.  Just get it booked and have fun!

yeah it's a good track - one longish straight which will see you top out but not for too long

Other than that it's a good mix of corners and fast - due to its flatness it takes quite a while to learn and sighting some of the corners will take a while to sort

Only downside with Bedford it the noise limit which they are strict with

3 minutes ago, Howsafe Workwear and Safety Equipment said:

yeah it's a good track - one longish straight which will see you top out but not for too long

Other than that it's a good mix of corners and fast - due to its flatness it takes quite a while to learn and sighting some of the corners will take a while to sort

Only downside with Bedford it the noise limit which they are strict with

Yep agree with all of that.

I didnt top out on the long straight, 145mph was enough for me in the Westy :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

Yep agree with all of that.

I didnt top out on the long straight, 145mph was enough for me in the Westy :laugh:

I can only dream of getting to 145 in mine - 145mph tail wind, down hill, slipstream should just about do it :getmecoat:

It's 4.2 miles around and takes along time to learn all the corners. As others say noise can catch you out.  My red top engine is 93db at 4.500rpm and got booted of at max revs of 6500, so if you can get static noise down to about 90db you should be ok.

Yeah it’s a great day out, but very different to the likes of Cadwell!

When was that Bernie? 

Mineis 97bd static and I've only ever had one 'noise' board shown, and that was because I was changing gear right before a noise meter and the full open throttle bodies set the meter off. They showed me a 'noise' board at the next Marshall point, I came in and had a chat with them and they explained what was happening, so I changed gear about 20m earlier and all was fine, and has been ever since.

hi BCF..yes will post if I book something.. been reading about the noise levels..need to check if I will be ok..I think I am 96 static.. so I guess from what you have said I should be ok.. although that contradicts Sootys comments... But would be interested in a new track..

• Like 1

@Mole Cool, I wouldn't worry too much about noise, it's really easy to see where the mics are, just drive accordingly. It's such a long track that there's plenty of space to go crazy elsewhere! :t-up:

Definitely that!! It's a good track for getting confidence up as you can really push the car and get a feel for its limits without running out of track (to a point, obviously!).