Hulme End Cafe, Lunch Time Meet, Sun 4th Feb

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

It must be getting close to Spring because the cafe at Hulme End re-opens this coming weekend, so it would be rude not to take full advantage of the freshly baked quiches and cakes on offer from Rebecca.

Meet there at 12.00 in whatever car you want to, anyone interested?

Not to make you jealous but we can't come as we are spending the weekend in Venice.  :)  Have a good time!

• Haha 1

Might make a nice break out for lunch!

1 hour ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

It must be getting close to Spring because the cafe at Hulme End re-opens this coming weekend, so it would be rude not to take full advantage of the freshly baked quiches and cakes on offer from Rebecca.

Meet there at 12.00 in whatever car you want to, anyone interested?

Forecast is currently looking suitable :yes: My mini cake nibbler will be at her swimming lesson, though. I'll try to get along.

A monkeys tea party it is then, looking forward to it, thanks for the replies, except Signor Andrew :d .

On the weather forecast that I have just seen, 5 degrees, cloudy and dry, I may even turn up in the Westie :t-up:

Does anyone know if they do gluten free stuff

I've just arrived back up North in my new (to me) SEiGHT ... aka Maverick (I'm not allowed to call this Roary Mk2 as it already had a reputation & name with the club :d).

Over 240 miles (Portsmouth to Wakefield) in the weather we had today was slightly hair raising so I'm going to spend tomorrow cleaning and generally going over "Mav" to see what needs doing and/or upgrading.

Enjoy the day out and I hope you had better weather than I did today!!!!!

Glad you made it home OK. 

I'm hoping to make it still. However, I've been rained oof so many of the jobs on the car this last couple of weeks, that if we have decent weather, I might just try and catch up on getting the Westfield back together...

2 minutes ago, Andy_R said:

I've just arrived back up North in my new (to me) SEiGHT ... aka Maverick (I'm not allowed to call this Roary Mk2 as it already had a reputation & name with the club :d).

Over 240 miles (Portsmouth to Wakefield) in the weather we had today was slightly hair raising so I'm going to spend tomorrow cleaning and generally going over "Mav" to see what needs doing and/or upgrading.

Enjoy the day out and I hope you had better weather than I did today!!!!!

Just now, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Glad you made it home OK. 

Echo those sentiments!

Your right though, some cars you don't own, so much as are the guardian of, for a time! I must admit, realising it was actually Maverick after all these years was a really nostalgic moment.

@syman84 yes, they do gluten free. There is an apple cake if you want sweet or soup/sandwich with GF bread if you want savoury.

crikey Andy, you are mad, just about mad enough to come to the Peak District, hope to see your new squeeze very soon

Thanks everyone.

Yes I was completely mad to do that trip today. My daughter has a horse riding competition tomorrow and I HAD to be back for that ... a six year old adorable girl can't be argued with :d

Dave ... it's still a fantastic car to drive. Didn't put a foot wrong during the trip although I did loose the passenger side wiper assembly at the start of the A34 (just fell off while I was doing 70mph in the rain)! The number plates still have the "Maverick" nickname and I'll be putting some effort into making it a stunning car for future generations of Westfield owners!

Glad you got home safely Andy and we get to see you soon. Enjoy your cleaning etc.