Megabusa Noise level

Nic Surry

I know it’s not an exact figure but does anyone know the approx dB figure for a Standard Megabusa running a Westfield Stainless silencer

I had 102dB at my SVA test in 2005. Standard 2002 year engine, westfield foam air filter and the standard round exhaust with cat.

loud, especially once you blow the packing out of it. Mine was on the limit at 105dB at the last track day I used the standard silencer. I got a new one made by AAS which came in at 101dB, I'm expecting it to possibly be too loud again as I've rebuilt the engine with a supercharger. Don't forget to also factor in induction noise as this is significant when using the foam sausage type filter. I retrofitted the standard airbox which also decreased induction noise significantly. Unfortunately these cars aren't track noise friendly being such high revvers.

Thank you would blocking the opening in the bonnet scoop help hopefully directing the induction noise towards the ground anyone tried this?

To reduce the induction noise, I knocked up an airbox, with a cone filter pointing at the bonnet scoop, and lined the bonnet with 25 mm fire retardant duct foam. A 1.2 m x 1.2 m sheet fits almost perfectly. With a 6 inch silencer with cat, I am consistently around the 96 dB, with no power lost.