Baker E

Hi All

i've just joined the WSCC as I'm thinking of purchasing a Westfield.

I have seen the Boys from the Wirral & North Wales section of the club up at the Ponderosa Cafe and their Cars are stunning, although I have never had the courage to speak to them as I am not mechanically minded. I have been reading for the last couple of months the advice given from you guys on buying a car which I have to say is worth its weight in gold, I only want the car for the road and touring, I have seen a car which is on auto trader at Moorside Garage Bingley it has a club sticker on the back and I was wondering if anybody knows the history of this car, maybe the guy that built it etc.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

The best recommendation is go and talk to the guys near you. I'm sure they'll be happy to offer you advice and there's usually a spare seat.

You can beat looking, riding  at different cars to understand the options.. and there are always good/known cars on here.

Someone local to you will be along soon  :yes:

and :ww:

4 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Looks a nice car, but it needs a breather filter on the rocker cover to stop water and grime going in as that is open to the engine.

Oh and welcome :ww:

Hi Gareth

Welcome to the Wscc mad house, as it turns out I'm your Area Organiser, if you want ill add you to the text list to keep you informed of runs out etc, I see you've not got a car sorted yet but there are always spare seats available on runs out, so come along and say hello, we don't bite......also ive just put your membership pack together, it should be with you in a few days......

Cheers

Mark

It sort of looks familiar, but I can’t put a (members) name to it. From the limited angels on the photos of the mechanical bits, it looks reasonably well put together, but like TJ said, there are one or two details that just need a little tweaking for it to be an excellently put together car.

Oh, and I wonder if it looks familiar because of the seats! :laugh: sorry, they just offend the OCD side of me!

Westfield did a special edition version of the Seats, featuring an embroidered version of the Westfield sunburst logo in the middle, it’s really cleverly done, to spread across both Seats, yet half the time, people fit the seats  the wrong way round, so the embroidery doesn’t line up. I know it’s a silly little thing, but it’s also only 8 nuts to undo to fix. And it’s glaringly obvious once seen!

The thing is, though simple, and of no affect on performance or safety, it’s one of those things that makes me think, did the builder not have an eye for detail, and what else did they perhaps miss. (Which is unfare, but does make me look over a car extra closely, just in case.)

Otherwise from the pics, I suspect there might not be much you couldn’t easily sort out to give a good solid car.

Oh and ignore mainstream dealers when they call a Westfield high specification. Most don’t know what high spec is in normal Westfield terms, so if they see a roof and side screens and carpet, they’ll call it high spec. Most of the car looks reasonably standard, though very nice, for all that. The Jenvey throttle bodies are a nice upgrade to have though, most definitely.

If you put a shout out to local owners to the car, they would, i am sure go and look it over with you. As Dave said mainstream car sales arent that clued up on Westfields and what to look out for.

On 15/06/2015 at 13:40, chrisando said:

2014 WESTFIELD 1800 Sport - 1.8 Zetec – Full factory kit – no donor parts - NOW SOLD.

Dark Blue and in excellent condition, at the time of this advert it has 995 miles on the clock so is hardly run in. It’s the 1.8 SEi model with chrome pack, has carbon fibre rear wheel arch protectors and carbon fibre trim around gearstick and handbrake. It has fabulous seats in dark blue with contrasting light brown “Westfield sunburst” and piping. It has pristine condition Multispoke ATS Alloys fitted with Avon ZV3 195/50R15 tyres with less than 1000 miles on them – 4 on the car with locking wheel nuts and 1 as a spare. It comes with a full hood with fixing accessories and a spare wheel carrying bracket (neither of which are currently fitted) and a full car cover. It runs with a 1.8 Ford Zetec engine with Jenvey throttle bodies and a DTA ECU.

Potted history - The complete kit was purchased from factory in 2006 (I have invoices for the original purchase). I bought it in August 2011 when it was around 75% complete and undertook to finish the build. Personal issues delayed progress until 2012 / 13 when I took it as far as I could. I then enlisted the services of Luke at PlaysKool Motorsport to help complete the engine-related mechanical elements of the build and prepare for IVA. A new ECU was fitted, engine belts were changed and the car was corner balanced amongst all the other activities.

It was IVA’d in February 2014 then registered in March on an age-appropriate number.

It runs well, it’s never been near a track (apart from as a spectator) but I’m finding it difficult to find the time to use it so the time has come to sell, unfortunately.

Potential to be the same car? 

33 minutes ago, bunje said:

Potential to be the same car? 

Same registration number, yes.

Does look to have had a few little changes since the photos on the Boardroom though.