Manchester Car Dealers

Doug Dastardly

Afternoon all,

I'm looking at a couple of cars (non westy) in Manchester, which is a flight away for me!

So I thought it was worth asking on here whether anyone has experience of either of these dealers:

Sharman group:

http://sharmangroup.co.uk/

and Wren prestige:

http://www.wrenprestige.co.uk/

Any info would be good, might help me decide whether to make the effort of travelling or not.

Thanks,

Doug

When I was selling my daughters focus, which was just a cheap run about, I had a couple of people from Manchester way. They said that cars were more pricey there and were willing to travel south for a better deal on a car. It was a £1k car, so not like it was anything exotic. Wonder how true that is for cars as a rule ? Ironically the guy who bought it came from Exeter and he had the same issues with cars down there being expensive. A Uni friend of my daughter came up from the south west and I got here a decent priced car in Greenford, which was a couple of grand cheaper than down her way for a similar car, weirdly.

I wouldn't bother with the ones from Manchester. I travelled to Yorkshire to get my daughters Volvo R Design as it was cheaper and in much better condition.

Maybe we all think cars are most expensive in our own local area because they certainly aren't cheap up here.

Thanks for the replies

On 21/01/2018 at 19:42, 1960dave said:

I wouldn't bother with the ones from Manchester. I travelled to Yorkshire to get my daughters Volvo R Design as it was cheaper and in much better condition.

Bradford cheaper than Leeds

Travelling that distance for a eurobox is simply not a good idea, you may even get there and find "sorry sir, vehicle has been sold, but we have this one and this one" (as they point to the shed in the corner of the lot, that's been unsold for 6 months).

Advertising tasty cars at seemingly low prices and getting punters from 100's of miles away, is a very old trick,  they know you'll feel like you should walk away with something for all your effort in getting there AND they will try to shift their worst vehicles because when someone lives 100 miles away they're unlikely to want to come back to get faults fixed.

The first place you mention is probably less than 2 miles from my repair garage. Most of my work is for trade and I have never heard of them. The second place is in Rochdale which is about 15 miles away and I have never heard of them either. Don't know if that's good or bad. lol

Travelling any distance for a used car is a risky business, Personally I would stick closer to home.

If you like I could go have a sneak at the first place when on road test if that helps.

Mike

That's a great offer thanks both. 

Cars are not cheap up here and there's also not so much choice. I suspect prices are loaded because most people won't travel. 

I'm keeping an eye on things for now. 

We got a great deal on this Skoda bought for my daughter .

Always haggle over prices , got this at £5200 1 previous , low miles and 6 months left on manufacturers warranty 

Nicks Skoda.jpg