Greetings from the other side...

John K

I crossed over to a mass market sports car and got myself a '59 Boxster 987.2 S with PDK (totally and utterly @Grizzlee fault BTW, I have no imagination and just buy what ever he's got)

Negatives are - it's too quiet (sports exhaust will be coming) and nobody gives you a second look

Positives are - its utterly reliable, very civilized and very, very easy to drive. And whilst the flat 6 is not as characterful as the Mighty Xflow, it revs like a demon, wails like a trapped wolverine and has quite a bit of shove

This is the first car I've ever owned that was built as a sports car from the ground up (opposed to tarted up fast saloons or hot hatches) and you can tell its been built with a purpose.

Fabulous handling and on unfashionable 17" wheels with tall 50 profile tyres, its almost comfortable.

And at the motorway speed limit you can have the roof down and still breath and talk to the passenger. And after randomly poking at buttons, I discovered it has something called "a heater"

PDK is voodoo and mine is first gen, lord knows what the latest versions will be like. 

Sorry to have deserted the cult of Westie, but I needed an easy but fast roofless drive - think this ticks the boxes.

Anybody interested in Mr Grumpy, drop me an IM

• Like 5

Blue over Tan 3.4, exactly what I wanted and found one only 20 miles from the house..!

9 yrs old, 51k miles, really good Indy service history, £20k (bit over book, but condition meant it was worth it)

Just now, John K said:

Blue over Tan 3.4, exactly what I wanted and found one only 20 miles from the house..!

9 yrs old, 51k miles, really good Indy service history, £20k (bit over book, but condition meant it was worth it)

Glad you're enjoying it John. One day they make make a diesel one :d

• Haha 2

I sold my Boxster and bought a Westy, 

Boxster was getting a bit too main stream as prices dropped, any Tom, Dick or Harry could afford one.

And where is the fun in knowing you are definitely getting to your destination, being able to hear the wife, and having room for luggage and shopping !

:)

1 hour ago, Thrustyjust said:

Glad you're enjoying it John. One day they make make a diesel one :d

When I do shuffle my mortal coil, I'm going to be cremated and have my ashes scattered in a secret location.

If I had a headstone, one of you sods would find it and carve "He drove a diesel until the end" into it...

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, John K said:

When I do shuffle my mortal coil, I'm going to be cremated and have my ashes scattered in a secret location.

If I had a headstone, one of you sods would find it and carve "He drove a diesel until the end" into it...

What ? Us ? .......................hmmmmmmmm.......................maybe..................... but not for a very, very, long time John. You still have no excuse to come here and tell us about the germanic tales you have with the new car though :t-up:

Leather coat, scarf and woolley hat? It may have a heater but you need to find out how it works.

Nice looking car though.

Nice one :yes:

On 20/01/2018 at 17:37, John K said:

20171226_112935Boxing Day 01

Glad to see you posted the shots of it when it was clean. Do the tyre valves line up at the 12 o'clock position :p