New Westfield race series

Simon Waterfall Syman84

I didn't see this at autosport. But just announced on Westfield Facebook page. new race series 2019

https://www.keptechltd.co.uk/ looks like they are selling kits as well. odd when they are only in Tamworth less than 30 miles from the factory.

26731275_1413470705430973_6642354814977011430_n.jpg

The factory ran a Race series several years ago but it was never as popular as the Speed Series AFAIK

You think they'd proof read the banner before going to print. Ztech?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I remember the old series, afaik it was run by BARC. In their heyday they had really good grids.. not sure why it dwindled away tbh. It must be very difficult to compete with all the various Caterham race series though. I wonder where this one sits compared with the Caterham graduates series? 

Hope they manage to get it off the ground. Previous series just withered and died away, lack of real support / steady fall away in numbers of competitors. It was a shame as there was a great series going in Holland as well.

Quite a competitive space now with Caterham, Ginetta, Radical offering similar and also the 750MC series.

Wish them well though.

If the cars are fairly standard spec might present also an opportunity for them in their own speed series class. 

Good idea.

They will need to work hard on marketing in the first instance until it gains 'momentum'. No one wants to sign up to a race series without good grids. It's a competitive market out there.

• 1 month later...

So to take part in their Donnington test day it will cost £200 and you  get 3x15 minute sessions...hmmmmmmmmmm

1 hour ago, S2T said:

So to take part in their Donnington test day it will cost £200 and you  get 3x15 minute sessions...hmmmmmmmmmm

At first I thought I'd go for it as £200 for test 'DAY' good,

BUT for 3/4 hour only it is a complete rip off imo!

46 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

At first I thought I'd go for it as £200 for test 'DAY' good,

BUT for 3/4 hour only it is a complete rip off imo!

Agree, couldn't believe it. I emailed them about it after their post on Facebook, to be fair they said they would fit in more sessions where time permitted but it's still a joke. You can hire a Caterham for a full day open pit lane trackday for £500. 

If you want to compete in the series next year, it's £24,000 for a built car. I'll let you make your own minds up about that! I've asked if they're offering kit packages and for more specification details, but so far all I've heard is it's a 2.0 Zetec with 150 bhp and a cage. For £24,000.

I've looked into the Caterham Academy series and their sigma powered 125bhp cars are £26k for the kit or £28.5k built. A used 2016 sigma is currently retailing for £19k.

I'm struggling to justify the maths for the Keptech series!