Well you're coming, so wet, obviously.

But I'll have a roof, so who cares?! :laugh:

20180520_173722.jpg

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcrd87x1x#?da

Fear not I live very close and this is what we’re expecting 

Or should I say this is what we’ve been promised 

In picture form 

FB959637-01D4-4175-9791-EECFC80A1439.jpeg

Then theres a 10 percent chance I could be wrong !

3 minutes ago, Weekend Warrior said:

In picture form 

FB959637-01D4-4175-9791-EECFC80A1439.jpeg

Then theres a 10 percent chance I could be wrong !

Lets stick with that one. :yes:

Was the previous link to some new track rubber you are planning to buy Weekend Warrior?? :laugh:

Whatever the weather, it'll be fun and better than being at work :yes:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BCF said:

Was the previous link to some new track rubber you are planning to buy Weekend Warrior?? :laugh:

Whatever the weather, it'll be fun and better than being at work :yes:

Already got them on ,,been out for a blat today and my sporadic misfire  is back :down:.

Im off to Ap racing engines in morning for an engine health check so hopefully they can sort it out ,if not it’s booked in for a mot tomorrow at 3.30 at my local garage if I have to leave it with them until Friday  to get sorted so be it .

dont want to think negatively but if it’s bad news re the misfire can you get a refund on the Trackday  

7 minutes ago, Weekend Warrior said:

dont want to think negatively but if it’s bad news re the misfire can you get a refund on the Trackday 

I think its unlikely you'll get a refund this close to the day, but you may possibly get a credit towards another day .. would be worth calling them as soon as you know where you are.

• Thanks 1

Don't know about the refund, ref the misfire, our cars don't like short runs or being moved without getting to clear their throats. Check the plugs haven't coked up, and get some miles with good revs up under your belt. Otherwise AP will be able to help!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Andrew said:

I think its unlikely you'll get a refund this close to the day, but you may possibly get a credit towards another day .. would be worth calling them as soon as you know where you are.

Thanks Andrew ,hopefully I’m worrying about nothing I’ll know more tomorrow,.

Righto one and all, just thinking about what I'm bringing for the day, Russ has already requested that I pack various tools for him so will bring those. I thought it might be easiest for everyone, especially those driving there, to compile a list of who's bringing what. Given that we're all sharing garage space this seems to make sense and I'm happy to bring and share anything needed. Will provide tea and coffee throughout the day, just bring your own mug!

So far in my list is:

Table, kettle, milk, tea and coffee

Couple of socket sets and various tools, jack, etc

Cable ties for Russ

Spare helmet and intercom

Anything else I can bring?

Cheers

Barny

1 hour ago, BCF said:

Righto one and all, just thinking about what I'm bringing for the day, Russ has already requested that I pack various tools for him so will bring those. I thought it might be easiest for everyone, especially those driving there, to compile a list of who's bringing what. Given that we're all sharing garage space this seems to make sense and I'm happy to bring and share anything needed. Will provide tea and coffee throughout the day, just bring your own mug!

So far in my list is:

Table, kettle, milk, tea and coffee

Couple of socket sets and various tools, jack, etc

Cable ties for Russ

Spare helmet and intercom

Anything else I can bring?

Cheers

Barny

Spare Car  :cry:

7 minutes ago, Weekend Warrior said:

Oh no!! What happened?

I always bring a jack and tools etc.. plus a few spares. I think it's fair to say anyone driving to the circuit needn't worry about tools. 

Fuel is available at the circuit, not sure if it's available all day or just specific times.. it'll be mentioned in the briefing no doubt. 

33 minutes ago, Weekend Warrior said:

That doesn't sound good?

Spent this morning at AP racing engines near Mansfield having an engine health check 

he did a compression test which was all good ,however on the leak down test there was a slight leak on 2 and 3 , he then hooked it all up to the rolling road but after strapping it all down couldn’t get into the ecu as it was locked !

In the meantime he gave it a couple of runs and found the misfire at 4000 revs.  .As I tried to get hold of the last owner he did something to the sensor on the exhaust and came up with a map which showed a big dip at 4000 rpm which he says is being caused by overfueling at that point .Untill he can get into the ecu he won’t know why .

It turns out Dunnell locked the ecu after programming it ,Dunnel then told me that as I wasn’t the owner of the car when the work was done there was no warranty ,if I wanted him to look at it I’d have to get the engine taken out and shipped to him .He says that it was tested on a dynometer and that was all well when he tested and shipped it out ( I’ve no reason to disbelieve his word he seems well respected ) He then sent me an email saying that he would send me the password on the understanding that once issued would release them from all liabilities related to the engine in question ?

ive been advised not to track it untill it’s sorted ,either side of 4000 it runs fine, and am booked back in next Tuesday .On the plus side it sailed through its Mot today and I can cope with putting the little bit of oil it’s using .It doesn’t smoke on start up or when you drive it so plan is to get it under control and do something about it when it needs it .

ive contacted Rockingham and there going to swap this Friday for another day of my choice ,very decent of them .Perhaps I’ll catch up with a few of you then