Rockingham track day 25th May

Andrew

Rockingham open pitlane trackday on ISSC long layout, 105db. Friday 25th May.

Situated on the outskirts of Corby, not far off the A1, Rockingham circuit is fairly central so should be a great opportunity for a good get together. We had a similar day a couple of years back which attracted ten cars.. can we better that?

If you've not driven Rockingham before, it's well worth a visit. The combination of high speed on the oval section and the twisty, and surprisingly undulating infield make for a challenging lap.

The day is being run by the circuit, the full price is £195 early bird, rising to £205 nearer the day. They've agreed to give us a 10% discount for 5 or more cars, making it £175, and will throw in a couple of garages. We can probably squeeze 8 to 10 cars in two garages.

Discussion for this one's been a bit buried in the track day fixture thread. To get it started I need at least five names of people that will definitely attend. I realise it's too early in the year for some to commit, but so far I've got three plus one awaiting holiday confirmation. When I get the initial list of names I can mail them to the circuit and hopefully get them booked on, securing the discount.

Another couple of definite attendees would make this one a goer. :t-up: 

To book this one, you must first give me your name (PM) to pass on to the circuit so you get the discounted price. After they have your name, you can book on by calling Will Thomas on 01536 270143, stating you're in the discount group. 

14 minutes ago, RussH said:

I’m going if that will draw the crowds. 

Yup, you me and Sooty are in the 100% club. My pal Stoney is a 99%er, just needs his holiday confirmed.

Any 60% plus bods? :t-up:

I’m 50/50. Sorry not sure that helps! But I know exactly how long it takes to get to Corby from Newcastle (as it’s where I wanna born) and know the hotels too. So weighing up the pros n cons :yes:

• Like 1

I'm 50/50 at the mo. Need to get a tow car

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Timmay Zoom Zoom said:

I'm 50/50 at the mo. Need to get a tow car

Just drive the westie there....

51 minutes ago, BCF said:

Just booked the day off, count me in as a definite

Spot on! :yes: Can you give me a name. I have to mail a list to the circuit before we can claim the discount. PM me, or shout it out on here. :)

We're slowly getting there.. :t-up:

14 minutes ago, Michael Whitworth said:

I am a possible maybe hopefully 100% but not sure yet. ;)

You're the first member of that club Mike. :d

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BCF said:

Ron Burgundy? 

I'm kind of a big deal.

But my friends call me Barny.

53 minutes ago, BCF said:

I'm kind of a big deal.

I was at his house last night, it smelt of rich mahogany. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BCF said:

I'm kind of a big deal.

Barny Charles Farquharson? ???