RX8 6 speed gearbox conversion package - SOLD

Tim Reid

Mazda RX8 6 speed gearbox, slave cylinder, carbon prop and adaptor for conversion to a ford sigma or 1.6 ecoboost engine.

Excellent, strong, modern gearbox which has a great shift feel and a fraction of the price of using old oily Type 9s.  

This package includes gearbox, shifter, clutch slave, carbon fiber prop shaft and adaptor plate to mount the gearbox to a ford sigma or ford 1.6 Ecoboost ST180 engine. Thick, lazer cut steel plate that includes dowels so it securely locates and was made by one of the first creates of these adapters, search seller:freddy686868 on eBay to read more. Don't get confused with low quality copies or those made from Aluminium.

Other adaptor plates are available for this box to connect most common engines and I maybe tempted to split if you want to use the gearbox with another engine. 
Being a 23 spline shaft you can use common 220mm ford clutch kits.  

Ratio's:  
1st 3.760  
2nd 2.269  
3rd 1.645  
4th 1.187  
5th 1.000  
6th 0.843  
Reverse 3.564 

Removed from an RX 8 with about 65k but after bolting it together with the conversion plate to my 1.6 Ecoboost and trial fitting I have decided to go for another solution to suit my chassis. 

To fit in a Westfield you will need a wide tunnel and then to modify the passenger footwell as it's a little bit bigger than a Ford MT75. I have pictures to prove it can be done but do expect to do some fabrication. I'm advertising to anyone looking for something different or if you have another car which it would suit.

£350 collected.

I'm based in Reading, Berkshire but could arrange postage.  

I also have a solid flywheel to replace the dual mass one on a Ford Ecoboost available at £40 to the buyer of this package.

More pictures available.

IMG_20180108_220235.jpg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.