Paul’s Megablade

Paul_r

Good evening everyone! 

After a long while lurking as a non-paying member I thought it was time that I rightly put my hand in my pocket and contributed to the forum! 

Since purchasing the Megablade in Feb 2016 I’ve made a few changes to suit my taste! I’ve just finished fitting a Playskool Full roll cage which took me a little while as  the old bar was a welded in RAC bar.

Over the next few weeks I plan to complete the following:

- Refit interior including fabrication of interior panels 

- fabricate a new boot lid panel due to new roll cage.

- fit SPA design mirrors to roll cage

- replace battery and fit CTEK convenience connector and battery indicator within interior.

Here’s a few photos of my progress and of the car in general:

Paul.

933_D4_F64-4_C71-493_D-_A608-36_BFC1_CCE

E0_D03_C40-1762-4_AD7-897_E-_C2594_FDA9_

0_EEC2_E9_C-3822-4690-8_F1_F-55_C468502_

36147886-9755-42_E3-_BE02-_D0_D271643693

3383_E7_F6-_F48_D-4917-9_D20-_A000_BB754

DFB703_EC-735_A-44_BF-_B6_BB-_D68_AF9_A4

00261_CB4-_C78_A-4944-8_F90-51_CA83832_E

991924_BF-81_A2-4_FC3-8_F5_E-57142_A43_C

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RussH said:

Looks ace...join us at Oulton Park 10th April...

RussH I’d love to, it’s not far from me, however I’m working :-( on my last visit to Oulton I broke the gearbox which meant the engine took another trip in to the dining room haha

Lovely looking car. Are your rear light clusters carbon or carbon wrapped? They look much nicer than the carbon effect type and I would like mind to have that finish. John

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Lovely looking car. Are your rear light clusters carbon or carbon wrapped? They look much nicer than the carbon effect type and I would like mind to have that finish. John

Looks like carbon 3M wrap , but nicely done.

Nice car, is this the one on Pistonheads?

Feel free to post some pics of how the removable rear clip works! I want to make that mod to mine...

22 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I wrapped the clusters in 3M DiNoc and then glued the rubber U trim around the edge to finish it off, wasn’t keen on the ABS plastic carbon look, this was my first attempt at wrapping so I was pleased with the result :-)

19 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Looks like carbon 3M wrap , but nicely done.

Nice car, is this the one on Pistonheads?

You’re correct - I did start a thread on Pistonheads with some regular updates, however I think my time is better spent on here now 

13 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Welcome. :d

Really nice job splitting the tub like the FW bodywork. Looks “pukka” :t-up:

Thanks Chris, luckily the body work was sectioned by a previous keeper which I must admit makes maintenance much easier! Westfield should really make this a standard feature, or at least an option.

18 minutes ago, RussH said:

Feel free to post some pics of how the removable rear clip works! I want to make that mod to mine...

Russ, next time I’m out in the garage I’ll take some photo’s and update this thread. The body is cut roughly inline with the rear bulkhead, the wheel arch bolts keep the two sections held together. There was also a small bracket fixed to the underside of the square roll bar mounts and the body near to the cut however this isn’t really necessary and I havent reinstalled these when removed.

kind of hard to visualise without photos but I’ll definitely get some 

Paul.