Cartek IVA safe fog lamp controller.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

As per title, this is one of the Cartek fog lamp controllers, intended to give IVA safe fog lamp operation, when retrofitted to the old standard type Westfield fog lamp set up.

It will ensure that the fog comes on and goes off correctly, irrespective of the fog lamp switch. See details on Cartek’s site, here

These retail at around £35/40 normally. Yours for a tenner, posted.

image.jpg

Note, does not include a fog lamp switch, just requires a standard, latching fog lamp switch.

No worries, PM on its way!

I left it on. It was handy, but then my fog light does get used a bit up on the moors around Buxton and Derbyshire!

it’s only been removed now, because the same functionality is built into the new Freewheel!

• Like 1

Pretty sure these regs don't apply to kit cars anyway,someone on Locost Builders got confirmation off DVSA that the old regs still apply.

So as long as the fog light goes off with headlights and has a tell tale light on the dash/switch you are fine for IVA :)

6 hours ago, CosKev said:

Pretty sure these regs don't apply to kit cars anyway,someone on Locost Builders got confirmation off DVSA that the old regs still apply.

So as long as the fog light goes off with headlights and has a tell tale light on the dash/switch you are fine for IVA :)

Two points:

1. Yes that certainly was the case three or four years ago. However if you recall from a recent discussion, in the proper place, that this may no longer be the case. Even Westfield have now incorporated this sort of device into the current car’s wiring looms. This is not a choice the factory would do lightly, or needlessly. So it would appear that some cars HAVE FAILED without it.

2. This is a :swear: for-sale thread, not a general chat.If I’d made a factual error, then assistance with correcting it would most certainly be appreciated. Equally, how to make a latching relay circuit would I’m sure be of interest to quite a few members. It’s ideal for Tech Talk, or better still as a FAQ. It has no place in the middle of anyone’s For-Sale thread though.

As I explained in a similar situation last year, after a run of posts crashing for-Sale threads, these are not just any other thread. The best way to think of it, is some people sign up, either as paid extended members, full time members or even Traders, just for the ability to sell stuff. If someone had paid to display an advert anywhere else, would others dream of coming along and writing comments all over it?

(Very useful) relay discussion moved to Tech Talk, where it could be handy for others.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.