Need a new car, inspire me.

TAFKARM

I don't know what Maurici means! My opinion is not influenced at all. :p

But I'd say the Exeo is an awesome car, I've had several and all have been great, get the Tech spec though as it had better suspension and spec. 

Passat B8 is only available with diesel engines, earlier versions come in petrol. 

6 hours ago, maurici said:

Seat quite **** it up with this car...

From my prespective, is one of the few modern seats you should stay away.

Anything but - all the road tests stated very clearly that it drove better than the A4 - Seat worked on the suspension and steering and it steered, rode and handled more sweetly than any A4 ever did.

Also it used the far nicer dash of the A4 cabriolet that was never fitted to the A4 saloon

Probably a very safe used buy and I would imagine prices are low because people just don't know about them - for it just to be labelled "an old A4" is doing the car an injustice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

Who do you work for again Barney :p

I don't know what you mean Tom! :laugh:

I've just done a count up and estimate I've had over 50 cars from 5 manufacturers in the last 14 years, averaging about 7000 miles in each of them (an extended test drive you could say!). I'd say I'm not brand biased, I only recommend good cars, not just the brand I work for, and honestly think the Exeo ST is the perfect car for Russ. That or a Yeti.

Across the other manufacturers I've worked for, at the price point Russ is looking at they all get very rattly, unreliable and service work gets expensive. 

But then we all know how these posts go - member asks for guidance, sage wisdom provided, sage wisdom ignored and random totally different decision made. And that's before you consider this is Russ' post...

• Haha 2

OP says he wants a petrol for 5k max, internet recommends a diesel above budget! ;)

• Haha 1

Ha ha! Well what do you expect??

Seriously though, internet has nailed this one. You just have to accept you started with the wrong criteria! :laugh:

• Like 1

And in the corner of meeting every single one of OP's criteria, including all the spec you could ever dream of, under budget, low miles and a mere stones throw from your house...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711251565801?advertising-location=at_cars&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=5000&postcode=s211ah&body-type=Estate&page=9&make=SKODA&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=Used

Get out of that one.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Deanspoors said:

Mini Countryman? 4wd, really big inside, well built.

This car replaces the MINI we had which was hands down the most unreliable piece of s*** I’ve ever owned. And I’ve owned a Rover 620ti.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RussH said:

ECAB3D77-B7CF-467E-B94E-3D719ED50683.thumb.jpeg.fbd8a51114a121d07e5a23be936b1590.jpeg

/end thread 

:yes::yes: Can't fault my Skoda Octavia

Even it's great I'm getting itch to change, just because after 7 years now bored with it !!!

• Like 1